Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
G Blues

Thread: G Blues

Post Thanks / Like

Talking G Blues

I just recorded this slow blues in G....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=5328867

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Frank for the post, and making it downloadable. I really like it! I downloaded it to try to learn from. I like your stuff and enjoy hearing your bluesey side.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Killer playing and tone, Frank. I enjoy your music a lot. Man but there are lot's 'o tasty parts to pick from in that track. Very well done blues.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Most excellent Frank and the tone is just dreamy
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Thanks Frank for the post, and making it downloadable. I really like it! I downloaded it to try to learn from. I like your stuff and enjoy hearing your bluesey side.
    Thanks so much...it's very flattering to think you'd use my rough jams to learn from...made my day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    Killer playing and tone, Frank. I enjoy your music a lot. Man but there are lot's 'o tasty parts to pick from in that track. Very well done blues.
    Thank you very much...I try to transcribe as much as possible from great artist I enjoy...thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    Most excellent Frank and the tone is just dreamy
    Thanks for the kind words...I have been experimenting with my old red 50 watt Marshall JMP and 4x12 cab with the Xotic AC Booster and Carl Martin compressor...using my old Fender strat....it's funny the older I get the more I'm going back to gear I was using when I was 17..lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAxtell
    Thanks for the kind words...I have been experimenting with my old red 50 watt Marshall JMP and 4x12 cab with the Xotic AC Booster and Carl Martin compressor...using my old Fender strat....it's funny the older I get the more I'm going back to gear I was using when I was 17..lol.
    Its a great combination you have there its a very warm tone are they the original pups on the Strat?
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical

Post Thanks / Like

Its a great combination you have there its a very warm tone are they the original pups on the Strat?
    Thanks...I'm getting closer to the tone I'm trying to achieve. My Fender strat is an '62 reissue built in 1982 and the pup's are from a 1968 Fender strat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats always it isn't it even if 1000people say WOW love your tone, we never are satisfied...there are a ton of guys when I hear certain tones they have I am envious especially this track. I got Lace Sensors in my Strat and they do give a real nice tone but maybe I should try a vintage set of pups the one I have the original pups got melted in my first potting experiment...LOL
    Cannuck on a mission

Post Thanks / Like

Thats always it isn't it even if 1000people say WOW love your tone, we never are satisfied...there are a ton of guys when I hear certain tones they have I am envious especially this track. I got Lace Sensors in my Strat and they do give a real nice tone but maybe I should try a vintage set of pups the one I have the original pups got melted in my first potting experiment...LOL
    I have lots of old and new gear...It seems to me the old stuff just rocks...vintage fender amps and marshalls. It's getting hard and harder to find and when you do, you have to spend a mint.

Post Thanks / Like

Man that was sweet Frank!
    Might forget your birthday, might not tell you that your pretty, but baby that dont mean that I ain't been thinkin bout me...

www.myspace.com/jamieoue

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice playing! Yeah!

Sounds really deep down bluesy, great tone and licks.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Robert...that was the strat / marshall combo...