Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Germino Club 40

Thread: Germino Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Default Germino Club 40

Had an opportunity to play through a Germino Club 40 last night , all I can say is wow , this amp is da bomb . Hooked up to a 4-12 Germino cab it was ,I have to say, one of the best sounding rigs I have ever plugged into . It has all of the crunch and balls you would expect of a Marshall type clone and was totally useable at bar room levels . The cleans were amazing .. Not a inexpensive amp I was told the head and cab set the guy back about 3000 bucks , but you certainly get what you pay for . again all I can say is WOW .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I would like a Marshall style amp next, hope I get a get a chance to try one of those.

Plank spanker has a Germino I think?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, he has a bright tomato red Germino Club 40 2x12 combo:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1232&page=2
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Yup, he has a bright tomato red Germino Club 40 2x12 combo:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1232&page=2
    Yeah, but he had to pay an extra $7.50 for the six pack of beer.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yeah, but he had to pay an extra $7.50 for the six pack of beer.
    LOL!

I LOVE my Club 40! I don't know about unbridled barroom levels, though - the amp is loud. I use a Hot Plate with mine.

One of the best features of the amp is it's touch / volume sensitivity. I can set the amp's volume around 1 o'clock for a good snarl at full guitar volume, and just dial the volume back a tad or pick softly for a clean response. If you're not used to "playing an amp", the Club 40 will humble you until you figure it out...............it humbled me.

The cleans are rich, full, round, and distinct. The distorted saturation is the stuff that dreams are made of - creamy, rich, and "in your face" in a wonderful sort of way. It takes pedals very well. All I use with it now is a chorus, a wah, and a reverb.

It's the best amp purchase I've ever made.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 to that , what are prices like in your neck of the woods Planker . I was truly amazed by its transperency and sensitivity too , probably a desert island amp. I have checked out some of their dealers and prices seem consistent . Have you had any issues with yours ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    +1 to that , what are prices like in your neck of the woods Planker . I was truly amazed by its transperency and sensitivity too , probably a desert island amp. I have checked out some of their dealers and prices seem consistent . Have you had any issues with yours ?
    I paid $2300 for my combo - ordered it through Black Creek Guitars in NY. I waited almost 4 months to get the amp. It shipped straight from Greg's amp shop.

I had one minor issue with a channel cutting out. I e-mailed Greg, he told me what to look for and fix (cold solder joint on pin 9 of V1), and I was up and running again in 15 minutes time. It's been a bulletproof amp since then and it's hauled to gigs. Greg is a sweetheart and truly backs his amps up all of the way.

Save your coins for one 6S9L. It's truly a "crown jewel" amp.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.