Thread: Vintage tuner templates?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vintage tuner templates?

Does anyone know if templates exist which to assist in accurately drilling pilot holes for the mounting screws?
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

no but I can send you a full set of vintage 50's series strat tuners for 5 bucks

I just got my spezerls on my strat and have a set of vintage tuners sitting around. As far as templates....Im at a loss.

BTW, Doug, The roller nut guy, was not in this weekend...but Tues. he will be in and I will talk to him on how to measure.
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

If "tremoloman" dosn't want them, I'd be more than willing to take them off your hands.
    I've got a Tele, just crying for a set of vintage tuners to make her complete.

As far as a template, not needed!
    Install your bushings, set tuners in place and use a straight edge to line them up, mark and drill. Then use the straight edge again to assist in alignment for mounting the tuners. Some people use a small clamp to hold the straight edge in place.
    Don't forget soap for the screw threads, you'll run less of a risk of breaking the screws and, if needed, a little tape on the drill bit so as not to go too deep.
    I usually just make starter holes for the screws and I always use the soap on screws as it lubes the screw, making for less work and tighter fit.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LagrangeCalvert
    no but I can send you a full set of vintage 50's series strat tuners for 5 bucks

I just got my spezerls on my strat and have a set of vintage tuners sitting around. As far as templates....Im at a loss.

BTW, Doug, The roller nut guy, was not in this weekend...but Tues. he will be in and I will talk to him on how to measure.
    I'd love to take them off your hands if you still have 'em. (Sorry Dauntless)
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    I'd love to take them off your hands if you still have 'em. (Sorry Dauntless)
    I think I'll cry now.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-