Thread: Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Post Thanks / Like

Default Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Here's one of my favorite internet collaborations. Kinda old too - from '04.
    This track features special performances from Sergio Davini on vocals and Chris Watson of Black Rose fame on lead guitar. I play rhythm and provided the drum, piano and bass sequencing. All parties sent their respective tracks to me as mp3s using a bitrate of 160 or better. I mixed and mastered this piece in Cubase SE with a bit of Ozone. Hope you enjoy listening. I really enjoyed hammering out this one - I especially love the syncopation!

Here's the link:

http://www.box.net/shared/n0dy8y0dbd
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic job Pete ! One of my favourite songs, all renditions.
    Really enjoyed that.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I heard this on a post by Chris..aka Whawha I know him quite well its always great to hear this again. I've always enjoyed Chris's style I think between the two of us we've covered every Van Halen tune there is...LOL
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Great version of a great song StingX!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    Ya I heard this on a post by Chris..aka Whawha I know him quite well its always great to hear this again. I've always enjoyed Chris's style I think between the two of us we've covered every Van Halen tune there is...LOL
    Chris is a damn cool guy. He didn't have to but he came all the way down to London to show a friend and I a bunch of cool places we wouldn't have otherwise seen. I also have a cool version of Comfortably Numb that we worked on together where I take the first solo and he does the outtro. He actually inspires me to play better because he's so damn meticulous.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pete: I really like it. I love sycnopation too. Liked this rawk'n version!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job!! That's one of those songs that no matter how many times I've heard it, I never get tired of it.

In this case....excellent....listening to the guitar solo now (again). Great job!
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.