Thread: Cubase Le Latencey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cubase Le Latencey

I've been trying to mix some tracks from the studio here at home using cubase le , just wondering if anybody knows of a good site for cubase basics ..I know Stingx has had great sucess as evidenced by his recordings , but for the life of me I just cant seem to get this software to function properly ..any help would be appreciated .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Try the Cubase forum for answers. Lots of knowledgeable guys there.
    http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Spud . Thankx
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Post Thanks / Like

6string, can you tell me what sound card you are using?
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

The sound card is a creative labs , no big deal .. I'm going into the pc via a tascam us122 usb , which works fine .. even when I use my old tascam 4 track into the us 122 there is a lag when pulling down a fader on the 4-track relative to the monitor volume on cubase , thanks Stingx any help would be great .

Post Thanks / Like

6s9l, does the tascam have a control panel? Try to set it to only 2 channels in, and try to set it at 44.1khz 16bit for starters. Also, USB audio interfaces depends a lot on their drivers, have you updated to the latest version?
    You should also try to lower the buffer size (usually in the sound card settings application).
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Super , doing a re-install with updated drivers as soon as possible .. hope it works ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    thanks Super , doing a re-install with updated drivers as soon as possible .. hope it works ..
    It might do the trick, you can also check inside Cubase what latency you got. You should be able to get around 6ms which works pretty good.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009