Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Agile AL 3000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agile AL 3000

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agile AL 3000

Don't know if anyone has purchased one of these guitars, but I recently got an Agile AL-3000 (Les Paul copy) with the slim profile neck and the Cherry Sunburst finish.

Here's my impression: WOW!!!

The guitar is unbelievabley good. Grover tuners, abalone inlays, mahogany body and neck (heavy guitar!), ebony fretboard, Alnico pickups, and nickel plated hardware.

This guitar is amazing, and not just for the price, but amazing overall. No cosmetic flaws, fretwork is as good as my american strats, and a real bone nut.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats TS808! Yeah, I've been gassing for one of those at some point. There is a root beer colored one I drool over.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Those are real nice guitars. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics!!! Clips!!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Pics!!! Clips!!!
    Yeah, we need pics for sure!

I have one of the old Agile P-90 Valkyries I got on closeout, great guitar.

Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!!!!!! I bet it's a real nice guitar! Pics, Clips!!!!!!
    Main Rig - Reverend Wolfman > Korg Pitchblack tuner >Vox Clyde Wah > MXR HW Script Phase 90 > MXR 108 Fuzz > Diaz Texas Ranger > Nova Drive > VL Analog Chorus > ModTone Analog Delay > Vox Night Train > 60's Vox 2x12 (Scumback M75 and Hellatone 30)

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at one myself. Pics and clips!!!
    Dave
    "You don't have to act your age to feel it."
    DaveO

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a second...lousy quality picture, but cool guitar..
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Nice guitars. I love mine, but I'm not a junkie. I only do Agiles in moderation and only a couple times per week.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a really nice guitar TS808! I've heard a lot of great things about that model.

I have one of the early 2800 DLX models with the original horn and headstock. I've re-wired it and have Highorder PU's in it and love the guitar. The newer 3000's and 3500's don't really need any modding. They come with good pickups, pots and wiring already.

I picked up an Agile 2500 double cut with P-90's on closeout for $199.99 a while back. I was amazed that the fretwork and overall quality was even better than my "DLX 2800" right out of the box. I can only imagine how much better the 3000's and 3500's must be.

Here's a pic of the DC:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Sweet! Nice guitars. I love mine, but I'm not a junkie. I only do Agiles in moderation and only a couple times per week.
    I can hear you now..."...but I can quit any time I want, HONEST!"

Beautiful guitars, TS. I just wish Rondo had a store nearby so I could play one of those bad boys, particularly when hooked up to a good Marshall.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I had my al3000 black beauty for a couple of years. I had to do some work on it to make it play better. I had to cut the nut and leveled the frets and that got the action down. It's a jammin axe and it's loaded with emg 81-60 pups. I had a gfs hot nashville bridge pup before I got the emgs.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok, I'll bite ...

I'm a newbie to electrics, so I don't know anything about Agile, but what's the downside (besides not having Gibson on the headstock)?

The prices seem almost too good to be true.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read some comments about uneven build quality, but mostly in their cheaper models. And they often seem to be in need a good setup job when they arrive, but the same could be said of many "big name" guitars. Other than that (and the lack of "Gibson" on the headstock), there doesn't seem to be much downside. People who have 'em--especially the 3000 and higher models--seem to love 'em.

I still want one of THESE!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is the one I have had my eye on for a while:

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000rootthin.html

BTW, how do you make your link look just like a word, and not a link?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Good taste both of you!
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    This is the one I have had my eye on for a while:

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000rootthin.html

BTW, how do you make your link look just like a word, and not a link?

Like I said in GG's thread about her new Agile, I have looked at the above, and one of these (http://www.hagstromguitars.com/viking.html#) repeatedly (online only). One or the other might be the next guitar addition. Next year maybe.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Agile 3000

Agile is one of the best kept guitar secrets out there!
    Agile AL3000 Lefty
    Alvarez RD20L Lefty
    Blueridge BR-70 Lefty
    FenderMIM Strat Lefty
    LTD Viper400 Lefty
    Fender 50th Deluxe Lefty
    Fender MIM Telecaster Lefty
    Line6 Spider lll 75 righty
    VOX AD50VT 212 righty

Post Thanks / Like

That rootbeer colored 3100 is a beauty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast