Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Melissa

Thread: Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melissa

I always liked this song, but can't play slide worth a crap...Anyway, I put this together and got my brother do to the vocals. Some of the outro is improvised, but I wanted to capture the feel a bit...

http://www.box.net/shared/pe0bmt3pmu
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad! Guitar playing is nice. Your brother did a good job on vocals also. I like that song also.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Default nice!

That sounds really good! That song one of my Allmans favorites too.

One suggestion if you can,remix it without the drums, see what it sounds like, cuz it might sound pretty cool. Maybe even with just the guitars and vocals. Def. sounds nice as is though, exellent work.
    Might forget your birthday, might not tell you that your pretty, but baby that dont mean that I ain't been thinkin bout me...

www.myspace.com/jamieoue

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely played version. Did you play all the instruments including drums and keyboards? Your brother turned in a good vocal performance. I thought the mix came across as generic. Mixing is an art, I've learning little nuances in that area myself but I've still got a long way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, TS! Had waves of early 70's memories washing over me there!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    Nicely played version. Did you play all the instruments including drums and keyboards? Your brother turned in a good vocal performance. I thought the mix came across as generic. Mixing is an art, I've learning little nuances in that area myself but I've still got a long way to go.
    I played everything except the drums. The drums are just a loop from Reason.

All the guitar parts (and even the bass) were done on a strat believe it or not.

Mixing has always been the most difficult part for me when completing a project, so feedback is helpful.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

I always like some adlib it adds some personality to a cover and yeah your bro did a pretty good job on the vocals
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod