Thread: Palm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Palm

Does anyone here got a Palm (handheld computer) ?
    I love my TX but I really need to get a decent file browser.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Sony Clio with the Palm Operating System. It's 3 years old and completely useless for me.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have a TX that I use every day. Have you tried FileZ? Works for me.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Marnold, I have a file (mp3) that I accidently saved on the internal memory. I have tried to find it, but the only place where I can see it is within the music player (which doesnt let me copy/delete) the file. I have tried with various file managers but I cannot locate the /music folder or the file. I can only see mp3´s on the SD card. Very strange, but thanks for the Filez link.. I hope that it works.

The TX is the best organizer that I´ve ever had! I use it as a mp3/video player and surfing with the built in wifi works like a charm. I cannot use a paper organizer because I forget to look in them

Robert, why is the Clie useless for you? Do you use a paper organizer instead?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my cellphone, a SonyEricsson. It has a nice calendar that syncs with Outlook, and I much prefer it to the Sony Clie. It has all I need - reminders, notes, etc.

I strongly dislike carrying a bunch of gadgets around, although I like having gadgets on the floor to step on when I play guitar.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I sold my Sony Ericsson P910i because the Palm TX worked so much better. I got a tiny Samsung phone instead, so its not too much to lug around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have used a Palm Treo 600 for a couple few years now and it has worked well. Good multi use device, I use the calendar and contacts extensively. I don't use the internet on it. The phone is decent, but not the best. I sync the calendar and contacts with iCal and Addresss Book on my mac, and the mac syncs all the other machines with .mac. I used to use the mac version Outlook and that worked fine too, but iCal and Address book work more smoothly for me. I am not sure what you mean by file browser. Must be something I don't do. My treo is finally starting to die, so I may replace it with an iPhone when they hit 2nd generation, since I use the Mac OS cal and address book anyway. The Palm has been a great unit.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Marnold, I have a file (mp3) that I accidently saved on the internal memory. I have tried to find it, but the only place where I can see it is within the music player (which doesnt let me copy/delete) the file. I have tried with various file managers but I cannot locate the /music folder or the file. I can only see mp3´s on the SD card. Very strange, but thanks for the Filez link.. I hope that it works.
    FileZ will find it. Tap on "View and Edit Files" then tap on the triangles by "BUILTIN" and "Music". Your file should be there. I believe the problem is that the TX has internal storage that allows you to save files directly to memory without them being in databases (.pdb, .prc). The problem is that there is no applet that comes with PalmOS to actually navigate around this memory. I think it is the same functionality that was tapped for the "drive mode" on some Palm PDAs.

I love my TX to death. I'd be utterly lost without it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    FileZ will find it. Tap on "View and Edit Files" then tap on the triangles by "BUILTIN" and "Music". Your file should be there. I believe the problem is that the TX has internal storage that allows you to save files directly to memory without them being in databases (.pdb, .prc). The problem is that there is no applet that comes with PalmOS to actually navigate around this memory. I think it is the same functionality that was tapped for the "drive mode" on some Palm PDAs.

I love my TX to death. I'd be utterly lost without it.
    Thanks Marnold! I found the file, and I will definately replace unicmd with FileZ. Very handy application.
    I´ve had several organizers in the past, but nothing comes close to the TX. Wifi, big screen, bluetooth, SD card, browser & the huge Palm software library. Mine is almost 2 years old now so I dont know what to get next time, it was a long time since Palm released a new "true" handheld device. I dont like the Lifedrive, its too bulky and the battery life is not good.

Post Thanks / Like

hahahaha I don't have anything like that because I'm poor and I have no life, and therefore don't have to worry about it!!
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

But Pie, apparently you have a computer and guitar gear

Post Thanks / Like

One word of warning though: although FileZ is very handy and helpful, you can destroy your world in a big hurry too. Basically, when you delete something, make sure you REALLY want to delete it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    One word of warning though: although FileZ is very handy and helpful, you can destroy your world in a big hurry too. Basically, when you delete something, make sure you REALLY want to delete it
    I´ve already learned that lesson with the help of unicmd which is another file manager. Fortunately I only had to sync again to restore the Palm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    But Pie, apparently you have a computer and guitar gear
    note: the computer I got from my uncle's PC business graveyard for free, made in 1998, my last one made in 1988 from my father's graveyard, my guitar gear is my father's which he got from a co-worker for $20 , and my bass gear I got used all for only $800,

therefore: I only paid $800 for: a computer, a guitar and 2 tube amps, and bass gear worth $2000.

according to the charts, I'm poor!!!

-anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, ok, then your rich in spirit..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pie_man_25
    hahahaha I don't have anything like that because I'm poor and I have no life, and therefore don't have to worry about it!!

Pieman, you crack me up. What part of the country do you live in? I bet you keep folks in good spirit when you're around.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pie_man_25
    note: I'm poor!!!
    Grasshopper....... it is within you to change this place where you find yourself. If you have nothing and feel you are at the bottom then up would be the best path for you to follow, would it not? All it takes is hard work and perseverance but know this, it is within you!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Grasshopper....... it is within you to change this place where you find yourself. If you have nothing and feel you are at the bottom then up would be the best path for you to follow, would it not? All it takes is hard work and perseverance but know this, it is within you!
    yeah but I really don't mind the fact that I'm poor , and besides, I could always get rich as a blues artist!!! plus I save a lot of cash by not getting haircuts!

-anonymous