Thread: Glendale saddles for my Tele, WOW!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glendale saddles for my Tele, WOW!

I have recently installed a set of Glendale saddles on my homemade Telecaster.

In case you haven't heard about them, this is the site:

http://www.glendaleguitars.com/saddles.htm

(no affiliation whatsoever with them)

I installed the "Twang Cutting Edge set", which substitutes a aluminum E/A saddle for brass. I also got an extra steel E/A saddle but haven't tested that yet.

This guitar already had compensated saddles, and had quite precise intonation. In this regard I gained very little.

But as far as build quality an TONE are concerned!! Wow!

The difference was clearly audible, both unglugged and through the amp. Harmonics flourished, attack was improved, sustain was better than ever! I never suspected such a small "mod" would make for such an improvement!

My Tele was already a quite fine guitar, but with this mod (and another one I'll write about shortly), clearly acquired Custom Shop/High End caliber. This may seem like a bold statement, but I'm now ready to compare this instrument to anything of this kind you'd like.

Those saddles also give the impression of a high precision mechanism. Smooth, very well finished. The screws also have the correct height, so as not to dig into your picking hand (even with my very low action).

I would gladly reccoment those saddles for everyone looking to improve the sound or his/her Telecaster. I have also heard good things about Callaham and Barden saddles. I would definitely choose this mod vs a pickup swap on a Tele, it makes much more sense.
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! Saddles make a huge difference in sound for sure. Any chance if hearing yours in action?
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    Great review! Saddles make a huge difference in sound for sure. Any chance if hearing yours in action?

I have already posted a clip with my Tele, when it had the older saddles, I shall post the first clip I record with the new ones too.
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Glendale Yeah!

I've been using the "Twang" set on my telecaster for over a year now. What a difference they made over the stock saddles. He makes good stuff and he likes to talk with his customers.
    Agile AL3000 Lefty
    Alvarez RD20L Lefty
    Blueridge BR-70 Lefty
    FenderMIM Strat Lefty
    LTD Viper400 Lefty
    Fender 50th Deluxe Lefty
    Fender MIM Telecaster Lefty
    Line6 Spider lll 75 righty
    VOX AD50VT 212 righty