Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2 country lick videos!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 country lick videos!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 country lick videos!

I made 2 small country lick videos - check them out and tell me what you think!

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_...guitar_lessons

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert - They both are prety cool videos. I will be watching them many times. Thanks for your efforts.

I never liked county music when I was younger. I did not care for the older stuff. Today's country is much better to listen to. Your videos just may have me playing it before long.

Tomorrow is a specail day. Warren and I are meeting Iago in Orlando and giving the poor lad some help in replacing the ax that got done in a few weeks ago. The three of us never met before so this should interresting and fun. I hope we do not get kicked out of to many guitar stores in Orlando. There are a number of them there.

A follow up post should be posted by all three of us. We will attempt to take pictures of Iago's newest memeber. I must remember to ask if he came all the way to Orlando Florida from Brazil just to purchase a guitar.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, I really like that twang sound..
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Rob,

HOT DAMN HOSS...thats sum fine pickin' son. I think some of the best players in the world are country pickers. Word. Vince Gill frikken rocks on that Tele! I'd give anything to play those kinds of licks. Thanks for sharing.

ps - speaking of chicken pickin' does anyone know if the guitar player from The Cars was a country player? All his solos were country solos. Listen to them.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'll be adding more country video licks soon. Let me know if you have any requests!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Rob,

Learn the solo from Vince Gill's "Oklahoma Borderline"

Learn the solo from The Cars "My Best Friends Girl"
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you reading Robert's post who might be curious, Eliott Easton is the Cars' phoenomenal lead guitarist. Easton's bouncy tone and penchant for the classic pop hook propelled the Cars to multi-platinum success during the late 70's, and well into the mid 80's. You literally couldn't turn on the radio in 1984 without hearing at least something from their mondo-smash LP "Heartbeat City".

As for him being a country player, yes - I can definitely hear that as an influence. However, from what I know, Easton attended the prestigious Berklee School of Music in Boston, Mass., and from there went on to fame with the Cars. He has one solo effort (Change No Change - 1985), which was sandwiched in bewteen his work on the Cars releases "Heartbeat City" (1984) and "Door To Door" (1987). In 1995, Easton was tapped by two of the the original members of Creedence Clearwater Revival (Stu Cook, Doug "Cosmo" Clifford) to be the lead guitarist of their CCR Tribute Act, aptly dubbed "Creedence Clearwater Revisited". CCR, as you know, blends a lot of country-influenced sound into their music, and it's not surprising that Easton was a perfect fit for their group. Much to the dismay of one Mr. John Fogerty, the band enjoyed great success as a touring live act, and still does to this very day, although Easton has since moved on.

Recently, Easton (who's a left-handed player) collaborated with Gretsch Guitars to design & release his new Signature Model, which is based on thier Duo Jet model, obviously with a few of Elliot's fave "tweaks". Here's the link:

http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/i...&cat2=&q=&st=1

And by the way, in case you were wondering - yes, Ric Ocasek IS an alien.

Post Thanks / Like

Nelski,

As usual you come through with informative well researched information for us. I had no idea who he was...just that his style was very country oriented. Robert was asking me if I had any of those 2 songs I mentioned to him to give him. I don't. I wonder if someone does? MP3 form?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    And by the way, in case you were wondering - yes, Ric Ocasek IS an alien.
    Yeah but, God bless him, he married Paulina Porizkova.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

That reply is useless without pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me tell you that Albert Lee is a real country alien, just have a look at him!

Never could get that "country boy" lick right, so that would probably be my request Robert...

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, he is starting to look old!

"Country Boy" is a tough song! I'll see what I can do!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know, that is why I requested it

Post Thanks / Like

Ask & ye shall receive . . .! The lovely Paulina Porizkova . . . er . . . I mean Mrs. Ric Ocasek.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert - great videos on some country bends, I really like the sounds you're getting!

With reguard to Elliott Easton, I had read an interview with him about his playing and influences in Guitar Player quite a long time ago. The country sounds that you here in his playing are due to his love of Rock-a-billy music. The early Rock-a-billy stuff was really invented by country guys who were influenced by blues musicians so it's kind of a melding of a few different styles. Rock-a-billy was also a big influence on George Harrison's guitar playing and you can hear this in some of his solos. Elliot Easton used a Telecaster on that solo in "Your Best Friend's Girlfriend" which is how he got that twangy-snappy tone.

I really like the tone that Robert is getting for that sound.
    One of the things that I've discoverd for getting a good sound for chicken-pickin is to use a compressor and a clean amp setting. You can even get a pretty good country sound out of a Strat by using the treble pickup and a compressor on your guitar.

-- Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Oh hell yeahhh buddy. Nice wide...ocean. Way to go Ric!

ps Nelski - thanks ~ZoSo

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim,

Again thanks for adding more information on Elliott Easton. Very interesting thank you. Sounds like I'm missing a Tele.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim, I used my old Hellhound with some short delay and my old DOD FX80B compressor/sustainer.

Shall try more chik'n pik'n stuff soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer
    Robert - great videos on some country bends, I really like the sounds you're getting!

I really like the tone that Robert is getting for that sound.
    One of the things that I've discoverd for getting a good sound for chicken-pickin is to use a compressor and a clean amp setting. You can even get a pretty good country sound out of a Strat by using the treble pickup and a compressor on your guitar.

-- Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Yeah I know, that is why I requested it
    No kidding! I don't think I can play that song - I'd have to quit my job for a week and just practice! It's insane how fast Albert plays that stuff. Ridiculously fast. I also don't have his right hand finger picking technique... not even close ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast