Thread: A/B/Y Switch box

Post Thanks / Like

Default A/B/Y Switch box

I am wanting to use 2 amps with 1 guitar and have checked out a few of these A/B/Y boxes and not sure which one will work the best with no noise added to my setup. just hoping someone here on the site may have one of these or give me some good advice as to which one would be best,without costing an arm and leg! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Simply the best.................

Checkout these from Greg Coxhill.

All of his products are first class.........

Check him out here
    You don't stop playing the guitar because you are old....You get old because you have stopped playing the guitar.

www.myspace.com/rocknrollshaman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers
    Checkout these from Greg Coxhill.

All of his products are first class.........

Check him out here

Fingers, I want to Thank You so much for this link to this site,this is is exactly what I have been looking for,everywhere I have checked before did not go into any detail like Greg does about their product,at least he knows what he is doing.
    Thanks again Fingers!!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

This one I hear is excellent - http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-aby.htm

I haven't tried it personally though, just going by rumours.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for a good A/B/Y without the issues of signal loss, ground loops, and phasing, be prepared to spend a little money. I used some cheaper switchers, but they amounted to nothing but frustration.

I now have a Framptone Amp Switcher, and it's the answer to all of the problems - no signal loss, no ground loop issues, no switching noise, and no phasing issues:

http://www.frampton.com/switcher.html

I've also heard alot of good reviews for the Switchbone switcher.
    Last edited by Plank_Spanker; May 31st, 2007 at 09:56 AM.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really need the switch?
    Im currently considering a chorus pedal with 2 outs.

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers,Robert, Plank and Short,..Thanks to all you guy's for these Links.they have helped me out a great deal on making a decision on which one would be the right one to get.I would really like to try the one that Fingers suggested from Greg Coxhill,but they are only sold in the UK for now and would be a little too costly for me to order and return if I had to do so,although I do feel that it would work just fine.I have done a lot of research on these Amp Switchers and it has come down to either the Framtone or the Switchbone Amp Switcher and Yes they are expensive but if they do what they advertise, and the reviews say they do.it will be money well spent without the frustrations and headaches!
    ShortBuSX..I will try the chorus pedal that I have as it has the 2 outs on it and let you know how that turns out also.Thanks again for all your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET335
    ShortBuSX..I will try the chorus pedal that I have as it has the 2 outs on it and let you know how that turns out also.Thanks again for all your help!
    A buddy of mine lent me his Dano' chorus pedal this weekend...I hooked my solid state Crate upto my Vox with the chorus and was quite pleased with the results. But I can totally see where you might wanna swap between 2 amps...more channels.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot that I've had this link for a while. Maybe it will help you out.
    http://www.electrick-garage.com/

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default swithcher

hi, i would go with the Framptone switcher, i own a framptone talk box and i'm very impressed with the sound and quality of workmanship.
    i have heard a lot about the switchers being top class pro equipment.
    but on the flip side i use a Soldano Hot Rod 50 for all my main guitar work and use a Peavey Classic 30 for the talk box. i use a A-B box that was hand made by our local electronics geek. no hum, no tone loss and no "POP" when switch is pressed. all this for £25 (about $40, i think) i think you pay a lot of money for a "name". try making your own, you never know, it might work out a lot cheaper.
    cheers
    Trev

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Startouch ABY unit, great price and works extremely well.

There website is a tad outta date, they make more than the AB box.

http://www.startouchpedals.com/home.html
    Main Rig - Reverend Wolfman > Korg Pitchblack tuner >Vox Clyde Wah > MXR HW Script Phase 90 > MXR 108 Fuzz > Diaz Texas Ranger > Nova Drive > VL Analog Chorus > ModTone Analog Delay > Vox Night Train > 60's Vox 2x12 (Scumback M75 and Hellatone 30)