My guitar instructor had asked if I would play with some of his other students at a local outdoor "Springfest" in a park. I was not sure about it but said yeah, what the heck. He played a base rhythm on his Martin HD-35 (helped hide student mistakes) and handled vocals. I and one other 15 year old (Shecter LP type guitar, I forget the model) played combo rhythm/lead, taking turns playing solos in each song. Two other young guys played a MIM Fender P-Bass and keyboard. My instructor hired a local drummer who plays with several local bands. He practiced with us once a few days prior and was absolutely rock solid.

We prepared a 4 song set including "Peaceful Easy Feeling", "Found Out about You" by Gin Blossoms, "Sultans of Swing" and "Secret Agent Man". That intro line is just fun to play. The three of us were right on on the timing, I think because the two students were following Herr Instrucktor. I was really nervous about my solos except "Secret". Secret and Peaceful I had practiced melody line oriented solos and had practiced a little something sort of tracking the Gin Blossom's solo. Sultans was just a bluesy type noodle. No Knoppfler chickin pick'n for me yet.

It came off pretty well, and my solos were fine. I could have played the Secret solo better (I rushed it for getting best tone out of my bends on G string), and blew the dismount on an encore of "Peaceful" by playing the final chorus chords in the wrong order. LOL! Overall though, we sounded pretty good for student types. If one was struggling the others filled in.

I had an absolute blast and was smiling up there big time. Now I need to just get used to adding vocals to the mix. We hope to do it one or two more times over the summer. Anyway, just a beginnerish effort and certainly not perfect, but it sure was fun!!

Sorry, no vid or recording. I was too nervous to have to think about getting that arranged and no one else did either.