Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
My Fender Deluxe Players Strat

Thread: My Fender Deluxe Players Strat

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Fender Deluxe Players Strat

Man, it sounds good! I played today at lunch with the ZYS, and boy it was good tone!

I haven't played guitar for like a week or something, and today I had trouble going back to work, it was so addictive.

I should probably never get rid of this guitar. It sounds awesome and there is no noise. My Hellhound and the ZYS may have something to do with it too - 2 fantastic ingredients to Good Tone!

Anyway, just felt like telling ya'll about it!
    Last edited by Robert; May 29th, 2007 at 02:33 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good guitar Rob hold on to it.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Er, not to correct our esteemed Head Moderator & Imperial Grand Forum Poobah, but that's a ZYS, not a YZS! I have this on good authority....

It's funny, but I had exactly that same feeling this morning after having had a chance to play quite a bit over the long holiday weekend! I ended up bringing my Strat to work today and playing it during the lunch hour, sans amplification, of course!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, DVM - fixed now... (silly me)
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

No problemo! And thanks for your complimentary comments about the ZYS's tonal benefits!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Man, it sounds good! I played today at lunch with the ZYS, and boy it was good tone!

I haven't played guitar for like a week or something, and today I had trouble going back to work, it was so addictive.

I should probably never get rid of this guitar. It sounds awesome and there is no noise. My Hellhound and the ZYS may have something to do with it too - 2 fantastic ingredients to Good Tone!

Anyway, just felt like telling ya'll about it!
    There you go again....fueling my GAS!!! Congrats on achieving great tone!

Post Thanks / Like

The day warren and me went on the "Guitar Quest" (hahaha sounds like 10 years ago already...) I played one exactly like yours, and let me say, it was the BEST strat I played 'till today! I'm sure you're more than happy with it Rob.
    Last edited by Iago; June 6th, 2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: correcting Robert's name hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    The day warren and me went on the "Guitar Quest" (hahaha sounds like 10 years ago already...) I played one exactly like yours, and let me say, it was the BEST strat I played 'till today! I'm sure you're more than happy with it Rib.
    The other day I tried the link to those pictures you guys took of that day over at Warren's website but nothing came up.

I think Robert looks cool playing that guitar too. It suits him. That blue body is killer in real life too.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Oh really? I have some of them that I can send to you Tone. The rest must be in Warren's vault, I hope so!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    Oh really? I have some of them that I can send to you Tone. The rest must be in Warren's vault, I hope so!
    Yeah that would be cool to see. That's classic early Fret history stuff man!

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Er, not to correct our esteemed Head Moderator & Imperial Grand Forum Poobah, but that's a ZYS, not a YZS! I have this on good authority....
    Anybody wanna clue me on what that stands for?

An amp? Pedal? Home stereo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Anybody wanna clue me on what that stands for?

An amp? Pedal? Home stereo?
    ZYS stands for Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, and it's a highly souped up "clone" of the Ibanez TS-808 pedal. You can read more in these posts:

If you're interested, I happen to be putting together a parts order for the next batch of pedals I'll be starting soon. Will probably be doing that this weekend. In addition to the top-of-the-line ZYS ($199), I also offer several other cheaper models, per that last link. The more features & flexibility, the higher the price, unsurprisingly....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

I'm flat as a floogie though.

If anything I should be buying, not selling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    If anything I should be buying, not selling.
    Assume you meant visa-versa of what you said!?

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Assume you meant visa-versa of what you said!?
    D'oh!

Yeah. sorry.