Thread: guitar world magazine/DVD(hendrix axis bold as love album)

Post Thanks / Like

Default guitar world magazine/DVD(hendrix axis bold as love album)

not sure if this has already been posted. did anyone else catch the issue of guitarworld that comes with the axis bold as love DVD? I havn't actually tried to learn any of the songs, but wow does it show you how hendrix was very technical in his writing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sesroh
    not sure if this has already been posted. did anyone else catch the issue of guitarworld that comes with the axis bold as love DVD? I havn't actually tried to learn any of the songs, but wow does it show you how hendrix was very technical in his writing.
    Absolutely! I have had the Hal Leonard instructional disc for "Are You Experienced" for a long time, but have been long awaiting a how to disc for "Axis:Bold as Love." This GW disc is awesome. I've said before and will say again, most people are willing to give Jimi credit for being a stellar guitar player but he often gets overlooked as a songwriter which is so off the mark bc he was an AMAZING songwriter as well.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer