Thread: Yet another new one

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yet another new one

Hi everyone,
    My name is Tony. Im a commercial photographer by trade but a guitar player by dream. I play guitar in a worship team. You can check out the band at www.theroc.com. Im not on those tracks but now im in the band.
    We play Rock songs but change the words. Check it out, you might like it.
    I definately have GAS. Ive got about 18 guitars and maybe 10 amps. I have to get down in my music room and count sometime.
    A friend of mine gave me this compliment once. "You suck and playing but you sure can buy a nice guitar"
    I fell into the dream that if you keep buying guitars and amps... one day you will be a great player. What have I learned from that.... buy one and take lessons.
    I hope to learn some great stuff hear. I hope this is a friendly place where great guitar players and great guitar player wanna bees can talk about stuff. My posts will mostly be questions that seem elementary to you players but be kind... we all started out here.
    I have been fortunate to hang out with some great guitar players as my photography has allowed me to photography some of the top players in the business. Clapton, BB King, Pete Townsend and many others.
    Im a nut for David Gilmore and Phil Keagy. If you havent heard Keagy, you are missing an amazing guitar player. Check out his album 220. Its a guitar clinic by itself.
    God bless you all.
    tony

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Tony and welcome. This is a excellent site and the other members are very informative and fun to interact with. I have one of Phil Keagy's albums. He is a very good player.

Nice "ROC" website!
    Last edited by Tim; January 23rd, 2006 at 11:34 AM.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Tony,

Phil Keagy is amazing. Saw him at Calvary Chapel years and years ago. I was in awe.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Tony,

This is a very friendly community unlike many other guitar forums that you might have visited.
    How did you find out about us? Roberts site?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the gang, Tony! Interesting to hear you are a photographer! I think Warren here has the same background. Maybe I can ask you for a tip or two about buying a Digital SLR?!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Ask away Robert. I got to this site from thegearpage.net.
    thanks all
    tony

Post Thanks / Like

Salutations, Tony. With that huge stash of guitar gear, you made the right choice in coming to Fret.Net. Hopefully, your time spent here will eventually equate into renewed interest and success w/ your own playing. I look forward to your contributions, and perhaps, even a few snaps of your photographic handiwork!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum! I'm a new member too.
    I also play in a worship group as a regular gig. I've been doing that for many years and have learned quite a bit doing that kind of music.

I think that most of us on this forum have G.A.S. to dome degree.
    There's always some guitar sound that I can't get with my current guitar and amp setup. I guess this is what keeps things interesting. Always searching for some new sounds.

I've found this forum to be much more friendly than a lot other forums that I've vistited online in the past. It seems that most of the other forums either have some kind of invisible inside-clique that most people can never be a part of or just plain rude people that need to bash everyone else's opinions on gear, etc. I visit forums like this because I love music. I'm not religious about guitar gear, there's a lot of good stuff out there these days. The other people on this forum seem to have the same attitude. So if you have questions feel free to ask.

Welcome!

-- Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you here Tony... You know.. buying guitars does at least make you look good when people come over.. ofcourse I never pick one up while they are here...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Tony. I'm already in envie of how many guitars and amps you have. One day, when I have the money... :P

I'm fairly new here too, and this is great place for helpful tips.

regards

Matt
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr