Thread: Late Evening Fumblin' Blues

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Late Evening Fumblin' Blues

Here's my latest blues fumble over some backing track I found.

Late Evening Fumblin' Blues

It's the first take. I might redo this since I felt screwed up a few times too many.

I think the guitar tone is pretty good though, or what say ye?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Robert,

It is really difficult to jam ovr a blues backing track for almost 5 minutes. Honestly, I could never do it because I would lack licks and tricks to soon.

The sound is very good as always and I do not mind some screw ups - man that's rock and roll - be real.

What I liked most was the lick starting aroung 1:39 and then from 1:48 on you sound for approx. 10 seconds like Tab Benoit.

3:10 is a typical Robert signature lick - I love that one and would like to find a video lesson for that particular lick.

This time you managed to do some "starting from outside the box" bendings that gave the whole song an authentic Albert King touch at times. ( 4:01-04:08)

What can I say more?

Great Rob!

By the way, check out Josh Smith, who does some videos for Xotic Pedals on Youtube and who's got a myspace under www.myspace.com/joshsmithguitar

You kind of remind me of his playing style when you play the blues.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

really enjoyed this alot Robert.. great tone man! (snaps fingers to da music) yeah man..go...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, thanks! I didn't know I had signature licks! I'm gonna try and redo that clip some day. I liked that tone I got and it deserves better.

Ya, those are Albert King bends - good of you to spot them. I love those, and I use them a lot.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.