Thread: New Song with vocals

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Song with vocals

Buona sera amici!

I have just recorded the first layout of a new song.
    Bluesy, jazzy kinda exotic thing with vocals.

Used a Marshall JTM45 (Line6 Flex III model) and my ESP Les Paul only in the neck position.

The song consists of first takes only, but I think some licks sound pretty okay.

Hope you enjoy and like it - would be glad to hear from you and please excuse some of the mistakes...it's late and I just played it from the heart.

http://www.box.net/shared/3b4klan006

Greetz
    Jimi
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Buona sera amici!

I have just recorded the first layout of a new song.
    Bluesy, jazzy kinda exotic thing with vocals.

Used a Marshall JTM45 (Line6 Flex III model) and my ESP Les Paul only in the neck position.

The song consists of first takes only, but I think some licks sound pretty okay.

Hope you enjoy and like it - would be glad to hear from you and please excuse some of the mistakes...it's late and I just played it from the heart.

http://www.box.net/shared/3b4klan006

Greetz
    Jimi
    Crap..

I tried and tried to play it, but my landline just can't handle it.. and I aint gonna download a 5 MB file right now because I am trying to dink around on the net and it is already painfuly slow.

I heard about 4 seconds, and then got real jealous... because it sounded great..
    Damn these slow connections..

I can't wait to get back to civilization to give it a listen..

I might download it later.. but a 5 MB file on this backwoods connection would take over an hour and that is if no one touches the computer.

Best 3 seconds I had heard in a long time..

I hate landlines.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi75,

Nice solo's and fills. You're doing some nice sounding lines over these changes. I like some of those arpeggiated runs to. Those sound realy nice.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

D@mn nice as usual Jimi!

Izzat your JV strat?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    D@mn nice as usual Jimi!

Izzat your JV strat?

Thank you tot!

It's my ESP Les Paul with Seymour Duncans....it sounds thinner than a Gibson Les Paul, so it has kind of fenderish allures at days
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer
    Jimi75,

Nice solo's and fills. You're doing some nice sounding lines over these changes. I like some of those arpeggiated runs to. Those sound realy nice.

-- Jim
    Thank you Jim....I had a good day playing out of the box a little and as it fit the new song I thought it's best to keep that on tape immediately.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, that was cool! I liked that sweep lick you did in the middle somewhere. Nice chord progression too. I miss some reverb or delay on the guitar maybe - it sounds a bit dry.

Good work, you're a talented musician!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Hey, that was cool! I liked that sweep lick you did in the middle somewhere. Nice chord progression too. I miss some reverb or delay on the guitar maybe - it sounds a bit dry.

Good work, you're a talented musician!
    Hello Robert, than you for that nice comment. You are right, I totally forget to throw in some reverb and delay - like I said it was a spontaneous recording, but I can't wait to get home and refresh the patch wiht some reverb and some tube echo..

Post Thanks / Like

That's a kickin' tune...really enjoyed it!

Post Thanks / Like

very nice....your stuff is always good

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Thank you tot!

It's my ESP Les Paul with Seymour Duncans....it sounds thinner than a Gibson Les Paul, so it has kind of fenderish allures at days
    No that's why I asked. It sounds thicker than a strat.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

eheheh I thought it was a strat!

great playing!

just didnt like all that reverb on the voice

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Loved it - vocals, guitar and mix all sounded great to me. Great job!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar