Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Delay pedal recommendation?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delay pedal recommendation?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Delay pedal recommendation?

I have a good sounding DOD delay, but it really bugs me it needs a different kind of adapter than my One-Spot. It's a pain when gigging. So, I'm thinking about replacing it. Any suggestions? Danelectro PB/J comes to mind, or Ibanez DE-7, or Digitech Digidelay. The Line 6 Echopark seems way cool, but it's a bit expensive. I have also heard it has noise issues.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert
    The Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler is the way to go from what I hear. I use a Boss DD5 and Ibanez AD9 that I got in 1977. I use an external button on my board to do the tap tempo with the DD5. I got a cheap radio Shack momentary button and wired it myself instead of buying an expensive pre built box.
    From what I hear the Boss DD6 doesn't need an external button for that same function. You can also trap loops with either. The DD5 is around 2 seconds but the DD6 is longer at 5 seconds. The Ibanez is analog and only has 350-400 miliseconds of delay.

I really like being able to sync the delay to the music. I think the tap function is essential. Also, kind of a strange thing but my DD5 has mellowed over time and isn't so harshly digital sounding.

My $.02 worth.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently had the chance to try a T-Rex Replica. It was fantastic!
    The only bad thing on this unit was the price tag (3500 sek)
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

I have the Ibanez DE-7. It is a great little unit. I am still learning how to use it. It has both digital and analog. It is also negative to the center pin. I use my 9-volt Godlyke Power-All universal power system. Check it out here: http://www.ibanez.com/accessories/spec.asp?m=18.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear there's a lot of reliability issues with DL-4 and many Line 6 pedals. It would be great to have a tap tempo feature. Must be other brands that do similar stuff to the Line 6 echo pedals? The Ibanez seems like a good simple one.
    The T-rex Replica is way over my budget! I bet it is good though.

After doing some research, it seems the Boss DD-20 is main competitor to the DL-4. What an interesting pedal!
    Last edited by Robert; January 28th, 2006 at 08:28 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, I checked out what my local music store had on my lunch break. I saw that they had a Rocktron Short Timer. It had a really low noise level and delay times up to 400ms. It was very easy to get a couple of really useful delay sounds. The case was heavy and rugged, so its probably built to last for a long time. Suggested retail price here was 995 sek but I saw that the US amazon have it for 59.99 usd.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...05623?v=glance

Post Thanks / Like

And here is a demo mp3 of the Rocktron short timer

http://media.zzounds.com/media/timer...13c9d48e0e.mp3

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I want one with longer delay time though. That DD-20 seems incredible! Choices, choices...

Tim, how do you like that Godlyke?

Post Thanks / Like

You can get pretty much the same thing out of both pedals, althought the dd20 has 4 presets, where the dl4 only has 2, which is helpful when playing live so you are not constantly adjusting something. Also the DD20 has the number of milliseconds/second of delay which allows you to sync up to the beats per minute of a song in studio application, a helpful tool. The Dl4 has a "delay time" knob, which can be tough to place in the exact spot you want it to be every time

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Robert,

this is definitly worth a look - it's got tap tempo, 3 delay modes, 23seconds of delay, tone controls for the repeated loops and to top it all off it works as a looper too!

http://www.akaipro.com/prodE2Headrush.php
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, but I think I'm good. I got a cheap Danelectro PB&J delay pedal that I think sounds just great, and my Lexicon does all my reverb, plus I have a JamMan looper pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for the DE-7 !
    I have 2. Plus my Boss DD3.
    The DD3 is for slapback countryi-ish sounds (which I imitate on one song, I'm nowhere near that proficient).
    And the DE-7's--- one is set for long echo in Echo mode (very nice & natural to me !), and one is set for shorter time in digital mode, mostly for solos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Thanks guys, but I think I'm good. I got a cheap Danelectro PB&J delay pedal that I think sounds just great, and my Lexicon does all my reverb, plus I have a JamMan looper pedal.
    oops

well when you start to go delay-crazy and can't get enough, think of the DE-7

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, I am reviving this thread, as I am wanting to put a couple inexpensive guitar related items on the Christmas wish list. Anyone have experience with or thoughts on the operation of either of these Behringer delay pedals as they might compare to the other inexpensive ones discussed?

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...feed.BEH+DD400

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHDD100

I have two other Berhinger pedals and the build is fine for me and they work great for the price. I would not go more expensive than this on a delay I think. The other one I was considering was the PB&J discussed here. I don't own any Danelectro pedals yet.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; November 12th, 2007 at 10:36 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Ok, I am reviving this thread, as I am wanting to put a couple inexpensive guitar related items on the Christmas wish list. Anyone have experience with or thoughts on the operation of either of these Behringer delay pedals as they might compare to the other inexpensive ones discussed?

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...feed.BEH+DD400

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHDD100

I have two other Berhinger pedals and the build is fine for me and they work great for the price. I would not go more expensive than this on a delay I think. The other one I was considering was the PB&J discussed here. I don't own any Danelectro pedals yet.
    I dunno but I always see alot of Behringer talk here
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...archid=1934676
    (this above is a search in Effects with Behringer in the title)

I seem to remember there's some good Behringers and some bad ones.
    Strat
    Rivera
    ENGL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I have both Behringer and Danelectro stompers, and would give the knod for overall quality and performance to the former. Haven't tried the delay pedals for either brand, though. The newer Behringer DD400 pedal is available (new in package) on eBay for a BIN price of $27. Well worth trying, IMO, if you've liked their other pedals, as I do:

Behringer DD400 Digital Delay on eBay
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Vood for that link. You are confirming what I was kinda thinking. Worth a try for the price.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Delay,

If you got the cash, an Electro Harmonics Memory Man Deluxe!!! :
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast