Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Betcha can't play this!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betcha can't play this!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Betcha can't play this!

Heyho folks,

there's so much stuff on youtube and I just found this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb5Qa...elated&search=

It's approx. 5 minutes, but the creme of the crop starts at 4:25!

*LMAO*
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

ah my daughter can play faster then that

Post Thanks / Like

*Yawn* I prefer Robert any day.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey the Golds Gym shirt is cool with all the extra room and wrinkles in it. The man can pick!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I want me two Randall half-stacks and a real metal guitar.....NOT!!

While I can respect the technical wizardy, I rather have a root canal than listen to that stuff....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Gee, I want me two Randall half-stacks and a real metal guitar.....NOT!!

While I can respect the technical wizardy, I rather have a root canal than listen to that stuff....
    Yeah, but can your dental surgeon do your root canal that fast?
    I pick a moon dog.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Tot, you make me laugh! Very good comment there! HEHE!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hah, I just linked to a couple other of his vids in the "Have you Heard" board. Hard to believe he's only 22, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

yah, 22.. rode hard and put to bed wet.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been impressed with MAB. Finding his instructional DVDs got me to listen to some of his other stuff. The Nitro stuff is way over the top, which was pretty much the intention. In his solo stuff, while he can play a million miles an hour, I've been impressed that he can and does take time to slow it down a bit and let the music breathe. Speed Kills has long been considered one of THE DVDs to get if you want to shred.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Hah, I just linked to a couple other of his vids in the "Have you Heard" board. Hard to believe he's only 22, isn't it?
    Ummm, he was born in 1956, so he's 51....or am I missing a joke here??
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snarph
    ah my daughter can play faster then that
    I hope she doesnt look like him too!

Post Thanks / Like

This guy has some incredible chops that is for sure! Thanks for sharing those links.

But I guess that I'm too friggin old to really appreciate shred metal anymore. While I can appreciate the technical ability of people that can play like this, the applause meter inside my head just doesn't light up, and I'm not sure why. I really like the guys who have chops like this but do more interesting things with the phrasing, play over chord changes that are a little more challenging, and also change the tone of their guitar once in a while. Steve Morris and Eric Johnson are the kind of guys I'm thinking of here. Those guys really make me light up.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

When I hear that kind of stuff, I think of an auctioneer, who talks super fast. I prefer listening to someone who speaks slower, but who has something interesting to say.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. Even back when I was into Metal etc. I still preferred guys who played with a tasty sense of melody and phrasing. I liked hearing the guitar come to an abrupt halt with reverb and delay emanating from it's trail.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I prefer listening to someone who speaks slower, but who has something interesting to say.
    I agree. Besides, my hearing is so bad they have to talk slow in order for me to hear.

Remember the movie Amadeus? The one about Mozart? There is a scene when the king is asked what he thought about the piece that was just preformed he says, "too many notes." MAB is kind of like that for me. I appreciate that he can do what he does. IT just doesn't hold my attention for very long.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

well, I don't have the DVD....but I go own one of the randall heads you see in his video....not the actual one...but a RG200ES......its a beast.
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I see that some of you thought this was an appreciation thread

It wasn't - I thought that would make you smile, especially the end

This guy sure has his chops and plays super fast, but it's not my world.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Oh, I see that some of you thought this was an appreciation thread

It wasn't - I thought that would make you smile, especially the end

This guy sure has his chops and plays super fast, but it's not my world.
    His chops are off the chart....and I do appreciate it...
    and considering the fact he can play with his hands over the top of the fretboard . I can flip the guitar over and strum simple chords....I do it sometimes to show off....sometimes to test myself. Im more impressed with his choice of head....thats the "warhead" BEFORE Dimebag picked it up....then it took off.

But like y'all said...no thanks for me....but his is a BEAST.
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast