Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the worst amp you ever bought?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sblack
    ... The only things I really liked about the AD**VT were the clean Vox settings and the built in attentuator. Everything else for me had an irritating brittle fuzziness mixed into the tone..
    "brittle fuzziness" are exactly the words I was searching for to describe my AD30VT. I like it it for the attenuator and the variety of features and effects built in, so it is still my first choice for evening practicing when my family is sleeping or just does not want to hear me. Otherwise, I much prefer my Valve JR & matching cabinet.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

It was horrible but very cool as it was my first. My dad bought me was some radio shack/drug store POS. It was round with the speaker pointing up so as to be "omnidirectional" very goofy lookin. But I was a teenybooper and I had an electic guitar and amp so it was cool. A few years later Dad co-signed for my first loan to buy a 1972 White Strat it was a big deal too 650.00 brand new (I was making 1.85 per/hour) out the door at N Miami Music, right by Criteria studios where at the time Layla was being recorded. Saw one just like it at GC the other day 6900.00 too bad it got stolen in 82
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12