Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Dumble cousin

Thread: Dumble cousin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumble cousin

Just finished this baby I have been building, just waiting for my cabinet. This is a close cousin of the Dumble ODS amp, still putting it through its paces but it is turning out to be one smokin little box. It is 22 watts with 6V6'v I can also put 6L6's for 35 watts. More to come....

link to entire build album..
    http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ite/?start=all

Man I love buildin these almost as much as playin them
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! I haven't tried a project like that, YET. Kit or home design? Let's here it.
    Dave
    "You don't have to act your age to feel it."
    DaveO

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very nice !!!!!!!!!!excellent job inside that chassis...........would like to here more about it

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Mark!!!

Can you make clips?

..& well, if you like building them so much, mebbe you could build *me* one.

No need to thank me. It's enough to know that you are happy, it's no trouble to me, really.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

If it sounds like it looks, you are one lucky man!
    I wish I had the talent to build an amp on my own, we have a good store here called The Tube Amp Doctor and they offer several different kits to build an amp, but I know, I can not do it....

Let us hear that little beast as soon as you have the chassis...
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

with so many orange drops, I'm getting hungry..... looks great!!!!!
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like top notch work to me Mark!! Congrats very neat and orderly wiring I bet it sounds great!
    Just curious what speakers you are looking into?

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work, Mark!

Look at all of those Orange Drop caps...and it looks like it's got the "hot rubber monkey" passive tone stack. Is that right? It must get great Fender-like tones...

Post Thanks / Like

Im running a Celestion Gold I just got the Cab for it. It can do Fender clean to smooth D*mbleish OD, (think Larry Carlton, Robben Ford) and many other tones, all a reasonable volumes as well. I have a switchable OD and PAB (pre amp boost) and they really add to the versatility.
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Very nice work, Mark!

Look at all of those Orange Drop caps...and it looks like it's got the "hot rubber monkey" passive tone stack. Is that right? It must get great Fender-like tones...
    Im not familiar with the term hot rubber monkey, but yes it does do Fender clean well..better than Fender LOL. Like I said it is cousin of the D*mble circuit topography and as is well known D*mble's are really based on Fender circuits with serious modifications.

Post Thanks / Like

So is that from a kit or what share you reference material

Post Thanks / Like

This build is a D'lite kit sold by Moss over at Brownnote.net the kit is no longer for sale but you can buy already built Dlite amps in head or combo form. The do sell other style kits based on Marshalls and Vox. They have a forum at Brownnote where there are layouts and schematics for the Dlite but you will now have to source the parts for your build. Ampgarage is another good forum with related info on this and many other amp building projects. Any other questions feel free to ask.
    Here is the schematic for my amp.

The Power section

Last edited by Mark; July 30th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Im not familiar with the term hot rubber monkey, but yes it does do Fender clean well..better than Fender LOL. Like I said it is cousin of the D*mble circuit topography and as is well known D*mble's are really based on Fender circuits with serious modifications.
    The "hot rubber monkey" is a slang term given to the TMB tone stack mod used in the D*mble ODS amps.

Post Thanks / Like

I figured that was what you were saying I just never heard the Hot Rubber Monkey term You know that could be a band name!

Ladies and gentlemen please welcome ..........Hot Rubber Monkey

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Got any clips yet?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Got any clips yet?
    Puhlease
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Got any clips yet?

Yea CLIPS CLIPS CLIPS ............................................