Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Sold one of my guitars; downsizing

Thread: Sold one of my guitars; downsizing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sold one of my guitars; downsizing

I recently sold my red partscaster Strat, a fine instrument than got very little play, due to the fact that I have 6 more electrics.

I find myself in a phase of downsizing and thinking of cutting down to perhaps 3 or 4 electrics, each one configured exactly the way I want them.

Thinking of getting another amp too, mainly for live gigs.

Have you gone through such serious re-organizations of your gear? What are your thoughts? I must admit there is an element of melancholy in having to part with a guitar, in order to be able to "love" the remaining ones more...
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't say--I'm still in expansion mode!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I am also in expansion mode, and I feel a bit guilty for that...

Instead of trying to improve my playing, or discover new phrases etc, I have a constant need of gaining more gear...

Also I feel a little guilty when I leave most of my guitars for a long time unplayed, because I stick with one of them (mostly my main strat...)
    MY GEAR:
    Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Tokai LS160s LP, Rockinger strat 2-tone sunburst, Rockinger tele C.A.R., NS Custom Relic Tele, Epiphone Jeff Baxter electroacoustic, Admira classical guitar
    Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb II, Tech21 TM30
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:
    http://www.blackframe.gr

Personal Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/eliasavdikos

Post Thanks / Like

GAS VS Guilt ? As long as the bills get payed its just a matter of personal need

But I suppose they could start a guitars anonymous I my self only have eleven guitars and two amps. looks like I need more amps

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I've been in an expansion mode for since before the turn of the century. At 19 electric guitars, a couple basses, and a couple acoustics, I'm running out of room.

I'm selling off a little bit. My rhythm guitarist in my main band is buying my spare 4x12 cab off me, and an acquaintance (who purchased a different guitar from me a few years ago) has dibs on a DeArmond M-72 I'm selling.

Between the two, I've got $550 coming in, which should help in the upcoming celebration of our twentieth anniversary (the anniversary actually occurred in May but we were broke at the time), hopefully a short cruise this Fall.