Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wah Wah Fun - Join In!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wah Wah Fun - Join In!

Ha.. I been enjoying a Classic Crybaby for the last few weeks I guess.. I was just wondering.. who else likes messing with these... please please.. attach a little mp3 with some freak wah wah...

here is my minute of shame..umm fame... heh.. I really like these things..will figure it out eventually...

http://www.box.net/shared/gkaap9xxm5

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

pes_laul Guest

Talking thats really good

thats pretty good wah playing there im saving up for one how much did yours go for

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    thats pretty good wah playing there im saving up for one how much did yours go for
    Thanks Pes... I kinda lucked out... got it used on ebay under $50.00 shipped... its the Classic version with Fasel..not that I know what any of that means... It's just alot of fun messing with it.. done got my $50.00 back in enjoyment...

pes_laul Guest

im saving up for this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Dunlop-Crybaby-W...QQcmdZViewItem i have the money but my dad has the credit card

Post Thanks / Like

im saving up for this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Dunlop-Crybaby-W...QQcmdZViewItem i have the money but my dad has the credit card
    Ahhh..thats the standard of crybabys.. good luck on the bidding.. $70.00 at online stores... I think Wah pedals might be a good thing off e-bay..if they are working when you get them..heck, they weigh a ton.. in fact.. once you get yours.. the next time you need that credit card you could knock ole dad out with this and just take it.. I would assume all wah-wah pedals are about equal?? unless they have a ton of features.. I just wanted a wah..

anyone know how to create that chucka chucka chucka sound with one? if you know what I mean? if not..well, it'smy fault for not explaining better...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    anyone know how to create that chucka chucka chucka sound with one? if you know what I mean? if not..well, it'smy fault for not explaining better...
    Try muting the strings w/ your hand, let your wrist stay flexible but keep a firm grip on the pick, and strum the stings up and down quickly while sweeping the pedal back and forth. The strings shouldn't ring at all, they give the "chucka", the pedal sweep makes it cool. I think that's the sound I'm thinking you're thinking of...... I think......
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

pes_laul Guest

sweetnes i just got my crybaby original wah pedal for 40 dollars with free shipping

pes_laul Guest

Ahhh..thats the standard of crybabys.. good luck on the bidding.. $70.00 at online stores... I think Wah pedals might be a good thing off e-bay..if they are working when you get them..heck, they weigh a ton.. in fact.. once you get yours.. the next time you need that credit card you could knock ole dad out with this and just take it.. I would assume all wah-wah pedals are about equal?? unless they have a ton of features.. I just wanted a wah..

well depends and the wah a crybaby raise treble and bass (i think) with that they create their own unique sound while others create their own sound if you like experimenting i would get a line 6 floor pod where you can create your own wah

Post Thanks / Like

sweetnes i just got my crybaby original wah pedal for 40 dollars with free shipping
    Congrats... look forward to hearing a clip when you get it...

Post Thanks / Like

Very good and expressive Wah playing here!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Ya thats a pretty good Wha for fifty bucks and some good sounding riffs with it to....I'd say good deal
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Ha.. I been enjoying a Classic Crybaby for the last few weeks I guess.. I was just wondering.. who else likes messing with these... please please.. attach a little mp3 with some freak wah wah...

here is my minute of shame..umm fame... heh.. I really like these things..will figure it out eventually...

http://www.box.net/shared/gkaap9xxm5
    Pretty sure yo heard this one..

If not, I use wah on every note of every second of guitar playing in this song, and then use it franticly on the chorus..

Some may it is excessive.. I dunno..

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5425615&q=lo
    hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5425615&q=hi

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jimi and Zeussse.. enjoying da wahwah's,

Sure do rememebr that one Maxwell... not alot of wah..alot of feeling.. enjoy it a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to ask is there a link you can post with this backer I'd love to give it a whirl
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Love the wah playing on your track . Very ethereal sounding. I like how the guitar track sits in the mix too. I realize it's just a quick clip but I would have liked the ride to have lasted a little bit longer

BTW I still have my original Dunlop Crybaby from '80 or '81. Still works great too!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    I forgot to ask is there a link you can post with this backer I'd love to give it a whirl
    I missed this..sorry..was not sure if you meant Maxwell's backing or the one I used.. Actually, I had to search for it..didn't know which it was.. to many! lol.. anyways.. would be neat to see some of ya'll turn this into a minute or so each and get a wah-wah collaboration going..hint hint..poke poke..

Minor Blues in Bm Backing track..
    http://www.box.net/shared/j0y58uqxfc

Post Thanks / Like

You just got to appreciate and enjoy the wahwah!!

it's so much fun any place you play it!!

:

Post Thanks / Like

Am I hallucinating, or does the ghost of Bruce Lee live in that guy's bathroom?
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Somehow missed this fun thread. Here's a take using the same track. Wah's on after the first few bars. I don't usually use it this much, but it's fun to see what the Baby can do as a tone pedal as well as the traditional use.
    http://www.box.net/shared/3sxlgckoan
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast