Thread: SX SST57 Stop Tail

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SX SST57 Stop Tail

I can't believe I just ordered a strat copy with a stop tail instead of the traditional tremolo/whammy bar.

It might seem sacreligious but it was what I wanted to do.

It looks really cool and is powder blue. I will give a review on it when I get it and get it set up and worked out. I think it will be kind of neat to have a non whammy bar strat type guitar.

I'm thinking of putting it on a stand and leaving it plugged in so I can just jam with it at will. It was only one hundred dollars.

Any one else have one of these stop tail strat copies? Your feedback would be appreciated. Email me at mbolduc@@dejazzd.com if you like.

Thanks,

Duff
    Winfield, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd get one with a stop tail. I don't really use the tremolo (er,um vibrato) bar much.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Duff.

Shooot man, you are quickly catching up to the rest of us fretters in the gear department.

That sounds like a cool guitar. I've been wondering about them myself.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

have a 3-tone burst '57 stop tail.. nice tone wood and the sustain is incredable compared to the tremolo strat's / copies that I have played.... very pleased with the purchase and quality of the product received....
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Duff,

Where is your review? I'm anxious to hear how the stop tail compares. Were your opinions the same as Big K's?
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix