Thread: ?Live Earth and Concert for Diana?

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?Live Earth and Concert for Diana?

Hey folks,

I was happy to see that our German television aired the Concert for Diana and the Live Earth concert.

Unfortunately, both concert could not hold up to my expectations, some of the artists were really weak and uninspired and every young band would have given its right arm to play these stages.

The absolute highlights were Genesis, Metallica and John Frusciante the Red Hot Chili Pepper's guitarist. Man does he have equipment!!! Did anyone see that pedalboard? It must have been around 60 pedals on that thing! and the 62 Strat plus the 1959 Marshal Super Lead amp....everything original of course and no reissue.....god.....why?

Again I was given prove that Hip Hop doesn't belong in stadiums, don't know why, but a fat rock guitar still shakes the stadiums better than a taped beat out of the box.

I also found the audiences very weak and did not really appreciate what was going on.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For me it was the younger bands that didn't cut it - Fall Out Boy for example. I thought the older guns really delivered
    - Metallica
    - Foo Fighters
    - Police
    - RHCP
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

I´ve been working a lot, but I did watch Spinal Tap! I guess that most of it will soon be available on youtube?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

/\ I MISSED LIVE EARTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

man, this sucks!

was it any good?
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25