Thread: Dunlop Univibe Test-MP3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dunlop Univibe Test-MP3

Okay, as last time I had to use the built in Line6 Univibe, but I promised to make a clip with my Dunlop Univibe that I bought around 1997.

Today was the day and I went into the basement to get it off my pedalboard that now only consists of a Fender Tuner :-(

Okay, there is three knobs on this thing whcih is speed, volume and intensity. You got two effects, but the one is pretty unuseful so I just put it on Vibrato mode which is the typical Vibe sound we all know. I left the footcontroller downstairs and at the end of the clip I switch the tempo manually. To get this effect really going you have to put volume on 10 (soundsucker) and intensity on 10, too. Speed is up to you - I put it on 8 approximately.

The pedal is built like a tank, very solid, but it sucks some sound, which is because it has no true bypass. It gets kind of noisyat times especially with the Fuzz. You can and should not use it with high gain sounds and I think there is better Vibe pedals out there, although this one is very sweet sounding. Just listen to the clip, I pick out a song called "Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)" which I hope most of you know so you have a good chance to compare to the original. It's pretty close soundwise of course.

Leave a comment, or just listen to the clip closely and get some GAS or even NO GAS :-)

http://www.box.net/shared/7ex9q3peaq

Greetz
    Jimi75
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh..the Univibe SC... I gots one of those..someplace.. sigh.. that was one of my last three orders at Musiciansfriend that went bad.. been waiting a few weeks to get it back.. Felt built like a tank... but... sigh.... DOA when got it.. between this one and my Epi head that was a DOA repack I think I am gonna pass on MF for awhile and try a few others...

Started another thread on them a few below this one... chorus/vibrato/flanger/phaser... whatever these things are.. SWEEEET needs to be added to the name...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great sound Jimi. You played a really nice "Jimi-style" there. I think you have the soul of Jimi in you.

I've been thinking about getting a good vibe pedal, although I doubt it would get much use. I'd better stick to my Danelectro Chicken Salad for a while.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

You hit the jimi sound square on the head....and I like it a lot....sounds good.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LagrangeCalvert
    You hit the jimi sound square on the head....and I like it a lot....sounds good.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
    No problem, please don't hesitate to ask me such questions....

I have bought the unit for approx. 240 USD plus approx. 65 USD for the Footcontroller.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice sounds Jimi! As a beginner, I find using a even a wah so that it is musically pleasing is still a challenge. I am impressed with your ability to incorporate these adventurous sounds into your excellent playing.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

great cover of a great song....... you nailed it....
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....