Thread: Jazz / Blues lick video lesson!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jazz / Blues lick video lesson!

Here's new video lesson. It's a Jazz or Blues lick video lesson, depending on how you want to look at it. I am trying a new thing here by adding the tab image to the video itself.

Let me know what you think!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that my friend is a good lesson. You showed everything that you did close up. The slow motion really helps a lot. The rhythm and scale was done very well also.

Maybe the next lesson will be the next chord progression and the scale that goes with it ... and so on.

Thanks Robert.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rob,

The tab is very helpful, you should keep that for more complicated licks like that one.

Thank you for that lesson, I am constabtly looking for such chromatic jazzy licks, but I must admit that I am not that invenitve to come up with such ideas! Great lesson that will help me expand my repertoir and work with that lick in every position on the neck.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Really great! Thanks! I am very grateful that you share so freely your fine playing and instructional skills with us. You have a very nice way of explaining things that is very undestandable and unintimidating. Thanks!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! I always like your lessons.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent job Robert.. really liked the first seven notes in the run.. liked the rhythm and the reminder to just move up or down the neck for other chords... the tab worked great either backing it up or pausing on it for practice....best yet.

Oh, and the sound on this clip... was excellent.. that blue fender needs to be played more and more...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! The video quality on this one may be better because I captured the video in higher quality, now that I have a 500 GB hard drive for storage (I didn't have enough disc space before). I used the Vox AD50VT on the Tweed 4x10 model for this clip.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.