Thread: Gather round the campfire for a bit of spy music?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gather round the campfire for a bit of spy music?

Ok.. it aint especialy pretty.. but it was made from scratch for your consumption....

A bit of 'Spy music' (who the fk does spy music??)

Well.. thats what it started to be before I ran out of time..

PRODUCTION is only as good as the effort and time one is willing to put into a project.. this one is way beyond my abilitys..

I at least wanted to do some horn work and mix it right.. but I simply have to put the home recording away for a few weeks.. and when I get back there will be other things on my mind...

For those who might enjoy a listen, in all it's sloppy Glory.. I present 'Spy Music'...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=676362

Post Thanks / Like

It's ONLY music..

I promise if anyone has a listen, no one will 'actualy' be spied on..

However those that DON'T listen will be monitored and have small micro chips placed under their skin while they sleep..

It's a fair compromise!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I gave it a listen yesterday. Very fun and adventurous. My instructor's "student" group does "Secret Agent Man" so we have been living a bit in spy music land. :-)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Gives ya the feeling of....
    Getting off a plane in algiers in your three piece suit..
    riding down a dirty road with a dirty smelly cab driver..
    Exiting by an abandoned warehouse with a laptop in hand....
    to meet four or five bad looking dudes..
    Exchanging a product..
    and...
    getting out of dodge...
    alive...
    Don't sell yourself short..was a good listen!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I gave it a listen yesterday. Very fun and adventurous. My instructor's "student" group does "Secret Agent Man" so we have been living a bit in spy music land. :-)

See.. everyne id doing Spy music.. it is all the rage!!

*G*

But in reality, thanks for your ear and the feedback.. glad you had a little fun with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Gives ya the feeling of....
    Getting off a plane in algiers in your three piece suit..
    riding down a dirty road with a dirty smelly cab driver..
    Exiting by an abandoned warehouse with a laptop in hand....
    to meet four or five bad looking dudes..
    Exchanging a product..
    and...
    getting out of dodge...
    alive...
    Don't sell yourself short..was a good listen!
    <b>What a 'smelly' description..

thanks.. wish I had thought of it for the intro!!

*G*

Appreciate your time and thought!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice playing Maxwell333! I like your modern take on the spy motif.

I love spy music....both listening to it and playing it. The James Bond theme, Goldfinger theme, Secret Agent Man, HAwaii Five-O...great stuff! (I saw Johnny Rivers live once... seeing him play Secret Agent Man was a dream come true. Probably one of my top ten favorite songs.)
    Electrics: Epiphone Les Paul Standard (w/S.D. pups - JB-4/bridge, SH-'59 neck), Fender Fat Strat (Mexican), Squier Fat Tele, Squier '51, Agile Valkyrie III, Ibanez Artcore AF75, Washburn OS OE30 Delta King, Dean Vendetta XM (w/ Dimarzios, D-Sonic/bridge, Air Norton/neck), Silvertone archtop (late 60s/early 70s), Titan EG-1 strat, Gibson G-3 bass, Fullerton strat

Acoustics: Sigma DM-5 (Japanese), Silvertone archtop (early 50s), Yamaha FG-110 (Korean), Alvarez RD20 12 string, Silvertone (60s)

Amps: Alamo Capri (early 60s tube), Alamo Challenger (late 60s tube) Epiphone Valve Jr. Head (w/Peavey 1x10 cab & Realistic 2x6 cab), Fender Yale Reverb, Vox Pathfinder 15R, Marshall Lead 12, Behringer G110 V-Tone, Marshall MG15CD, Vox DA-5, Pignose 7-100, Marshall Bass 12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitartist

I love spy music....both listening to it and playing it. The James Bond theme, Goldfinger theme, Secret Agent Man, HAwaii Five-O...great stuff! (I saw Johnny Rivers live once... seeing him play Secret Agent Man was a dream come true. Probably one of my top ten favorite songs.)

It's funny too, because when I created this I just had to, but I didn't think anyone would profess to 'liking' spy music.. and it is incredible the number of people who turn out actualy 'liking' spy music.

If I had of known that I may of worked a bit harder on the mix..

But it is all good fun and I sure appreciate your taking your time from your day to give me a listen and talk with me about it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guitartist

Yeah, that was what I meant to say too. Your take has a lot of modern elements to it. Like the difference between the 60s version of The Italian Job and the new one. Our student band "Secret" rendition is definately more retro. I like how you updated the genre.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Yeah, that was what I meant to say too. Your take has a lot of modern elements to it. Like the difference between the 60s version of The Italian Job and the new one. Our student band "Secret" rendition is definately more retro. I like how you updated the genre.
    I'm glad you had some fun with it..

If I had known people like 'spy music' this much, I would of worked on the mix a bit harder..

I thought I was the 'only' one who was going to understand it.. Like the owner of a parrot, that can tell you what the parrot is saying, but no one else hears it..

Glad to know some music styles are still universal..

Fun stuff.. thanks a million again for the feedback!