Thread: Vox Ad50vt 212

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vox Ad50vt 212

I just got a Vox AD50VT 212 delivered today, and this is pretty much a "project amp" for me. Call me crazy, but I spent some additional cash and put two Celestion G12 Cebtury speakers into also. I already own a Vox AD60VTH which has the Neo Dog speakers, but I love the Vox modeling combos and wanted something simpler without all the patches, etc. Essentially, I wanted a 2 channel combo with a 212 speaker configuration. I had an AD100VT but traded it in for the Vox AD60VTH. The AD100VT seemed too bassy for me, and I didn't like the stock speakers. Why I took the chance on the 50-watt version is beyond me, but....

It freakin' sounds great!! It has a smaller cab than the 100VT and it's a closed back cab as opposed to the 100's open back.

I don't know if Vox did anything different with these amps in the past year or two, but this sounds much more alive than the AD100VT I owned. The 100 really had that sound like there was a blanket thrown over it.

This amp, with the Neo Dogs sounds VERY CLOSE to the AD60VTH.

I'm pleased. Insane, but pleased.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds sweet....
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....