Thread: Crybaby squeeking - help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crybaby squeeking - help!

Hey folks,

My wah pedal started squeeking (mechanically) some weeks ago. Now it is so loud when rocking the pedal beck and forth that I can barely use it at home.

I figured out that the squeeking comes fomr the point where the footpedal is mounte to the unit. Problem is that there are no screws and I can not match the point where I guess I should put some oil on to.

Do you have some hints for me maybe?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

There is a metal band under the top of the pedal and it goes around a pivot shaft. Put a drop of 3 in 1 oil or Triflow on the point where these contact each other and you should be good. The other spots are the two side pivots and you could try a drop on them as well.

The final option is on the inside where the gear strip touches the tensioner. It needs a little bit of grease but it probably wouldn't be causing a squeak anyway. Just as a last resort.

Those are the only mechanical spots on the pedal. Good luck.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    There is a metal band under the top of the pedal and it goes around a pivot shaft. Put a drop of 3 in 1 oil or Triflow on the point where these contact each other and you should be good. The other spots are the two side pivots and you could try a drop on them as well.

The final option is on the inside where the gear strip touches the tensioner. It needs a little bit of grease but it probably wouldn't be causing a squeak anyway. Just as a last resort.

Those are the only mechanical spots on the pedal. Good luck.
    Thanks so much Spud! Gonna try this at home!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)