Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Happy Grounddog Day!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Grounddog Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Grounddog Day!

(I say it grounddog...it's groundhog)

6 more weeks of winter! Every year since I can't remember when, our family celebrates Groundhog Day. It's celebrated at my daughter's school in class and at home when we watch the Bill Murray film "Groundhog Day". We do this ritual every year. It never ends....it just happens over...and over...and over... and over.........
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like someone needs to get in touch with themselves!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you need nice lessons Tim.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Six more weeks of winter you say? Ya' know, I've lived in North Dakota most of my life, so winter is winter, no matter how you slice it. We've been above 0 degrees F for all of January, and in my book, that's like "Gift Winter". Lovely! Happy "Grounddog" Day all . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone

(I say it grounddog...it's groundhog)

6 more weeks of winter! Every year since I can't remember when, our family celebrates Groundhog Day. It's celebrated at my daughter's school in class and at home when we watch the Bill Murray film "Groundhog Day". We do this ritual every year. It never ends....it just happens over...and over...and over... and over.........
    Funny you mention that tone2thebone. Saturday night, I'll be playing bass on the square in Woodstock, IL, where "Groundhog Day" was filmed, accompanying my friend Paul.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Rob,

As we watched that movie last night my wife told me "you know we've been watching this movie for 15 years", ever since she was pregnant with our oldest daughter who will be 14 this March. I KNEW there was a good reason why we watch it every year I just couldn't remember until she mentioned that. And each time I watch it I laugh just as hard as I did the first time. I counted how many times he relives February 2nd once and it was 36 times. Last night I counted again and yup...36.

What kind of gig you got there? Thats awesome. It would be cool if you could get someone to snap some photos!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, t2tb, I'm heading out in about an hour. My best friend and I will be doing three or four sets (7:00PM - 10:00PM) at the Stage Left Cafe, an annex of the Woodstock Opera House, on the square. The Opera House and the cafe are owned by the city. They still to this day benefit from the movie "Groundhog Day."

There are many good acts that come here. Arlo Guthrie will be appearing in April (yes, I have a ticket). Al Stewart ("Year of the Cat") was here recently, and Dave Nachmanoff who opens for Al (and accompanies him), stayed at my friend Paul's and even gave a house concert there. If you ever get a chance, you've got to catch one of Dave's shows. He is really one hell of a picker!

http://www.davenach.com/

As for the type of music, it is kind of country, pop, folk. Paul is a singer-songwriter, and we'll be doing his material plus covers of some tunes by folks as varied as Jim Croce and Buffalo Springfield. As I mentioned, I'll be backing him up on the bass.

I'm bringing my digital camera and will try to get someone to take a few shots of us.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats great Rob...knock 'em dead. Thanks for the info too btw and post some of those pics on here if you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just got home and got my equipment in the house. We did 4 sets, starting at 7 and finishing about 10:30 (this IS a coffee house!). We hadn't had all that much time to practice together over the past few weeks, so I was kind of nervous, but I held my own just fine, and damn, we really nailed it on more than several numbers. Yeah, the audience (mostly theatre goers who wandered in) seemed to like it too.

A few folks who usually seemed to be at Paul's solo shows were a little more animated tonight. Now, whether that was due to Paul switching back and forth between acoustic and electric (his previous shows have been all acoustic), or whether it was the interaction between guitar and bass that we brought tonight I can't tell you, but it was there.

I can't wait until our next show. Hey, I got some pics (don't know yet how good they are) that I'll post sometime tomorrow.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here's a pic from our show. BTW, we are tentatively calling ourselves "The Crispy Noodle Band" for the present.

That's me on the left, with "Frankenbass." Like I said in my earlier post, it was an absolute blast! Sorry about the poor quality of the pic. I hope to have some cleaned up shots in a couple of days.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

Post Thanks / Like

Rob, did you record any audio as well?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Rob, did you record any audio as well?
    No SuperSwede, we haven't gotten that sophisticated with this thing yet. It's only been less than a month since we decided for sure that we were even going to do this! It was actually Paul's date (or gig) that he turned into ours. We are presently lined up for the same venue for next month as well, but we're feeling it out as we go along.

Here's a better shot of us BTW.

Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys, but what this Groundhog Day is all about?? (I`m brazilian)

Myles Guest

Groundhog Day is celebrated (well celebrate is a rather loose term for it) on February 2nd in North America. Basically a big show is made of a groundhog coming out of a hole and if he sees his shadow then there will be 6 more weeks of winter. If he doesn't then we might actually go above zero sometime soon.

As it so happens we have 6 more weeks of winter coming our way this year.

The movie Groundhog Day that they refer to takes place on Groundhog Day and involves the main character reliving the same day over and over again because he is a jerk until eventually he learns what is important and somehow breaks the Groundhog Day "curse".

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little late everywhere else but here at home it's still Ground Dog Day!

HGDD!

....again...!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Belated Groundhog Day.

I love that movie! What a classic :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot all about Groundhog Day.

I honestly can say I have never seen that movie from beginning to end in one sitting and probably couldn't tell you about one scene.

Note to self: Rent Groundhog Day.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Apparently six more weeks according to Phil. Great!!! We are having an awesome winter over here!

http://sunvalley.plumtv.com/pictures...ing_skier_lift

http://sunvalley.plumtv.com/pictures/lone_moose
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Apparently six more weeks according to Phil. Great!!! We are having an awesome winter over here!

http://sunvalley.plumtv.com/pictures...ing_skier_lift

http://sunvalley.plumtv.com/pictures/lone_moose
    I thought moose easily get PO'd and chase people that get near them, what's with the one in the picture?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast