Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Clapton - Crossroad Guitar Festival 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eric Clapton - Crossroad Guitar Festival 2007

Anybody going to see Eric Clapton on July 28, 2007 for his Crossroad Guitar Festival at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Illinois?

Some of the guests performing are: American Idols, The Police, Toby Keith, Jimmy Buffet,
    Bob Seger, Norah Jones, Christina Aguilera. Yes we have female players and singers this year.

His special guests are: Rod Stewart and Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

This concert sounds as good as the first. I can’t wait for the DVD to come out.

For a close mezzanine seat the price is only $1,025.00.

SECTION: 131 ROW: 19 3 PACK PRIME MEZZANINE SECTION $1,025.00 each
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

please may I have a 10 pack !?

Post Thanks / Like

well my birthday is July 28th....what a great present that would be....c'mon fretters....pass around the hat!!

seriously it should be a great show and i'll be getting the dvd when it comes out to go with my dvd of the first show.

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

TSO is awesome. I'd like to see them on a new Crossroads DVD if they make one.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope this time Eric doesn't get blown off the stage by someone. Last Crossroads Fest I have on DVD features Eric playing with Santan's band on "Jingo." This performance illustrates what I was talking about in the thread on tone as Eric's is so thin that Carlos pretty much blows him right off the stage. Clapton stood out as someone added in as a guest, rather than organically fit in with those who he was joining. I love Clapton [though prob not as much as one would expect a guitar player to love him] but this was not a good performance for him. Then again, the DVD also has Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Joe Walsh performances, so I can't complain too much.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Vishwa Mohan Bhatt was awesome and Joe Walsh is always fun!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728

ww
    Joe's the clown prince of rock and roll man I love that guy!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728

ww
    +1 for you Warren. Glad someone else knows who Vishwa Mohan Bhatt is. I am fascinated by players like him who have created their own instrument, though I tend to think he would sound stellar playing anything with strings on it.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Joe's the clown prince of rock and roll man I love that guy!

Me too! I loved his hat-cam which he worn during one of his solos from the latest Eagle's DVD. A brilliant mind, but also a kid at heart.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Me too! I loved his hat-cam which he worn during one of his solos from the latest Eagle's DVD. A brilliant mind, but also a kid at heart.
    Yeah and not only that...he scored with Stevie Nicks too. +1 for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Yeah and not only that...he scored with Stevie Nicks too. +1 for him.
    Didn't everybody?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

No! (head hanging)
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Didn't everybody?
    I thought that was Grace? LMAO Stevie probably was a little hussie herself too though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    No! (head hanging)
    You're the ONLY one dude.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    You're the ONLY one dude.
    .....and I thought the difference between the Empire State Building and Stevie Nicks was.............................not everyone had been up the Empire State Building, but....................
    You don't stop playing the guitar because you are old....You get old because you have stopped playing the guitar.

www.myspace.com/rocknrollshaman

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa!!! Guitar festival???.......Christina Aguliera???? American Idols????? Come on Eric who loves ya baby but sheeze Guitar festival not Pop festival.....My hero must be gettin soft in the head.....Eric wake up! Obviously not out to top the first one!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Whoa!!! Guitar festival???.......Christina Aguliera???? American Idols????? Come on Eric who loves ya baby but sheeze Guitar festival not Pop festival.....My hero must be gettin soft in the head.....Eric wake up! Obviously not out to top the first one!
    Was waiting for someone else to say it. This, as billed so far, is a music festival, not a guitar festival [or at least not a whole lot of guitar I'd want to hear]. You'd think Clapton himself could command a better lineup, but when you become a slave to corporate sponsorship, this is the lineup you get. Someone wants to hear a guitar festival, let's get Frisell, Ribot, Scofield and McLaughlin on the same bill somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

this bill is definitely not the same caliber as last years....of course he said last year that he made a list of everyone he ever wanted to play with and invited them.

Maybe now his list isn't as long!

Unfortunately to bring in the big crowds they have to bring in some pop fluff (truly last year john mayer could be in that category).

He's raising money for a great cause so hopefully it will be a success.

ww

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Eric being criticized for not having any females during the least Guitar Festival. He was also told the “artists list” was to too confined to mostly friends. So I guess this year he is opening the stage to other performers. In his line of business he damned it he does and damned if he doesn’t. It’s for a worth cause … even though he owns the establishment.
    Guitars:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast