Thread: Good Overdrive/Boost pedal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Overdrive/Boost pedal?

ATM I'm using a bad monkey to get a boost for bluesy solos over my crunch channel.
    I use it to get a little extra gain and make the soft lead channel "softer".
    I like the pedal but still I want something better.
    What I want is:

1. A boost for blues solos when activated over my crunch channel (really light distortion)
    2. A little more gain in the 3rd channel (to make it smoother)
    3. A boost for metal/hi gain solos in the 4th channel (hi-gain lead) to make it smoother.

So, basically, I want a tubescreamer type pedal.

Recommend me some good pedals that can do what I want and tell me if it's really worth replacing the bad monkey.
    Guitars: Ibanez RGT42DX loaded with Dimarzio Air Norton (neck) and Dimarzio x2n (bridge)
    MIM strat /w maple neck. new pickups soon
    Amps: ENGL Screamer 50 1x12 Combo
    Effects: All I use now is a dunlop wah and a big muff.

Post Thanks / Like

Tiefnig, I think that you should look at the pedals from Damage Control. The womanizer sounds fantastic, and you can have (1) a slight drive for boosting your crunch channel and then kick in (2) for some serious lead gain.
    http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/#ul_...edal&product=1
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Damage Control

Also, Radial Tonebone Classic.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto. I've got the liquid blues, which has a really good compressor too. Overdrive and has a 10db boost footswitch as well. Also, theres is something called a clarity control, which take the signal after compressor but before the OD , and you can mix it with the overdriven sound. Honestly the drive on it lacks a bit til you turn the clarity up 50% or so, but the whole thing, overall is really nice sounding.
    Might forget your birthday, might not tell you that your pretty, but baby that dont mean that I ain't been thinkin bout me...

www.myspace.com/jamieoue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiefnig
    ATM I'm using a bad monkey to get a boost for bluesy solos over my crunch channel.
    I use it to get a little extra gain and make the soft lead channel "softer".
    I like the pedal but still I want something better.
    What I want is:

1. A boost for blues solos when activated over my crunch channel (really light distortion)
    2. A little more gain in the 3rd channel (to make it smoother)
    3. A boost for metal/hi gain solos in the 4th channel (hi-gain lead) to make it smoother.

So, basically, I want a tubescreamer type pedal.

Recommend me some good pedals that can do what I want and tell me if it's really worth replacing the bad monkey.
    I love my Seymour Duncan Twin Tube pedal.

Perfect live sound support for me.. not that I wouldn't mind tryin one of them Liquid Monkeys or whatever they are called.. I think I run a bit behind most the pack in 'whats new'...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiefnig

Regarding that, The Bad Monkey is a sweet pedal, and would still be for alot more money. The guy I play with has one, but he DOES say he wishes he'd gotten something like the Damage Control pedal. The boost switch is a nice feature, and if memory serves the Radial Tonebone pedals have 2 and sometimes 3 channel switching on them.
    Might forget your birthday, might not tell you that your pretty, but baby that dont mean that I ain't been thinkin bout me...

www.myspace.com/jamieoue

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up OD Pedals....

Boss OD-3 !
    God Wants Spiritual Fruit, Not Religous Nuts!