Back in january I found out that an old friend of mine whom I had lost contact with and had't seen in a long time had a heart attack and died while jogging.

I didn't know him real well but we were pretty tight for the few months he lived here in Atlanta back in the early nineties, he must've crashed on my couch at least 20 times back then. Like me he was a rock-n-roller (he was a drummer) and an artist, and we hit off real well in that we were a lot alike and shared a lot of the same interests. He was about 5 years younger than me and not in any worse shape than me the last time I had seen him years ago. It shook me up kinda bad finding out he died, totally threw me off my new year's resolution to start exercising more.

Another mutual friend of mine & my deceased buddy told me that my friend had been shot in the chest before I had ever known him...I never knew about that! Dang, it must've been a small caliber gun because he seemed fine to me. Anyway now we are wondering if that had something to do with his heart attack.

So maybe now I will start using that excercise bike after all.