Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
'96 Custom Shop Schecter PT

Thread: '96 Custom Shop Schecter PT

Post Thanks / Like

Default '96 Custom Shop Schecter PT

I just bought this past Monday. Been looking for one of these ever since I saw Pete Townsend playing it in '82 and regret not buying one years ago from 48th Street Custom Guitars when it was still opened and saw this baby on the floor. I guess the wait was worthwhile though. This guitar seems virtually unplayed. No fret wear, no scratches (pretty damn hard feat too with a black finish) - just flawless really. Set up with 10s comes with all the amenities - graphite nut, locking Sperzels, etc. Pickups are the Schecter Super Rocks - these are just off the wall! Anyway, I really couldn't pass this up and now I am actually in the process of thinning the herd, so to speak. The goal is to retain my old, faithful '83 Kramer Pacer, my JV and Lone Star Strats and the PT, eliminating 4 other electrics that don't really get played so much. Four electrics and an acoustic, that will be all I keep going forward.

Here are a few pictures of the PT.

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thats sweet stingx! I bet that baby sings. The finish looks great as well. Is the black metallic? What wood is the body?

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Pete...wow! Really nice guitar, and you got it in the right color too
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys.

M29, the body is bound 2pc Alder. It's heavy as hell too.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

sweet guitar... dam..........
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I just saw this post.

Nice score Pete!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Who...who are you? Athena? Rough boys? Don't Let Go The Coat. You Better You Better You Bet.

Nice score.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!

With 2 HB's and what looks like a Strat bridge, does it sound anything vaguely like a Tele?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Congrats!

With 2 HB's and what looks like a Strat bridge, does it sound anything vaguely like a Tele?
    You can make it come sort of close if you coil split the lead pickup but, honestly, this is really just a tele shaped guitar. The pickups, with those humongous pole pieces, aren't going to lend themselves to your typical tele sound. The guitar is capable of much tonal variety though. It plays with ease and is very comfortable, albeit a tad on the heavy side.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    You can make it come sort of close if you coil split the lead pickup but, honestly, this is really just a tele shaped guitar. The pickups, with those humongous pole pieces, aren't going to lend themselves to your typical tele sound.
    That's sorta what I was guessing.