Thread: Roland vs840 - vs880

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roland vs840 - vs880

just wondering if anybody has any experience with these digital multi-track machines, been watching a few on ebay, and they have been selling for under 300 bucks not bad for 8 tracks of digital and some effects processing , i think the platform is from the late 90's .. anyone used one ..6S9L

Post Thanks / Like

When I ordered Band-In-A-Box 2004 I received a copy of two other programs: Roland VSC and Power Tracks Pro. I have no idea how to use these two programs. But I was told by Jim P. that I could possible use Power Track to record myself. Presently I do know that the Roland VSC does play midi songs. I need to figure out more about both programs or find a cheaper software package to purchase. Funds are very low right now.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a VS-840 a few years ago, they are really good. The only bad thing is that the recordings are hard to edit (and my only had a SCSI out, so I had to move everything to my computer before editing). I really recommend that you look for the EX (expanded) versions (dont know about the 840, but the 880 was available as expanded). They have COSM effects built in, and even some guitar amp models if I remember correctly). They also had a ZIP drive built in.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS GUYS, i have seen a few go for as loiitle as 189.oo us in the last 2 weeks , yeah Super the vx models look like the way to go , would probably make a good shetch pad for tunes ,, cheers 6S9L

Post Thanks / Like

6s9l, some VS did not include HD so you better check that out before you buy (old SCSI drives can be hard to find these days). Expanded has IDE so that would be a better buy if you need to replace the HD in the future.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009