Thread: Jack problems

pes_laul Guest

Default Jack problems

On my squire strat for a long team (3 years) and lately i noticed that that jack seems to of gotten higher like lately and im not sure what it is all I know is my trem arm when it swings down it hits the chord is there anyway i can mess with it so its lower???

Post Thanks / Like

What!

pes_laul Guest

LOL the jacks pointed upwards so the chord sticks out at a high angle so my trem arm hits it and gets stuck

Post Thanks / Like

Dude...again you're talking about aspects of Strats that are inherent in the design. Is the jack you're talking about actually sticking up off the guitar or something? Is the jack bent up angle further than normal? My trem arm will hit the chord on my 50s Strat but it's not so bad on the 60s. Take some pics of your guitar and post them here.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

some good angle shots of that would be good so we can see where its touching but the jack can't move otherwise there are strange powers at work when your sleeping
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet the trem arm is bent down from heavy usage.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

pes_laul Guest

ok i got it fixed turns out it was the chord that was really bent and all that stuff and my arm is a little bent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    ok i got it fixed turns out it was the chord that was really bent and all that stuff and my arm is a little bent
    Chord? lol Try 'cord' for the stringy looking thing that plugs the guitar in and 'chord' for a bunch of notes all played together. lol

Glad you figured out what the problem was. Sometimes the jack plate material is thin enough that it will actually bend at the input jack nut and that would also change the angle.

Chord, lol.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

pes_laul Guest

yeah it aslo turns out that the jack is bent a little and thats why the CORD is angled high now i just gotto figure out how to fix it