Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Cinnamon Girl

Thread: Cinnamon Girl

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cinnamon Girl

Here's a little twist to my usual plugging my JV into my amp and micing it to record.

For this classic tune I used my Schecter PT and plugged direct into my PodXT.
    PodXT owners, here's the settings used:

Instead of Cubase, I instead used Tracktion by Mackie. It's a toss up for me which I like using better. I tend more often than not to learn towards Tracktion just for its ease of use and how it doesn't cram up my laptop, which is a Thinkpad T30 with 1gb RAM and 80gb HHD.

Here's a screenshot of the Tracktion project:

For vocals I used my Alesis Multimix 8 which I plugged into my PodXT which is the USB connection I use for recording into my laptop. I used my Beta 57A and added some reverb and delay.

This was done about one hour ago, after I got home. I just found the time to hammer this out and I thought I'd share the settings, etc. with you guys and also get some feedback on whether my vocals suck on this or not. I worry more about the vocals as I do not consider myself to be very good at crooning.

Here's the link --- see below

Edit August 9, 2007: Replaced link with final mastered product. Click track removed, vocals bumped up a bit more in the mix.

http://www.box.net/shared/3b76zhup0x

Any comments, good or bad, always welcomed.

Cheers,
    Pete

BTW, Robert if there is any issue with posting these covers please let me know and they will be removed.
    Last edited by stingx; August 9th, 2007 at 05:42 AM.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

StingX, where you been ?
    That was great !

Post Thanks / Like

Dude..you rock... Ya need to turn the vocals up a bit... other then that..you nailed the sound.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qQno0FIUkLk to compare..

Nice job.. PT did good!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Dude..you rock... Ya need to turn the vocals up a bit... other then that..you nailed the sound.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qQno0FIUkLk to compare..

Nice job.. PT did good!

I was at that very concert with my best friend. That was the Weld Tour. I saw them at the Meadowlands Arena. Thanks for the clip. I loved that concert. I think Neil Young is one of the best composers in rock 'n roll. There's no middle ground with Neil, people either love him or they can't stand him - don't ask me why. He flat out rocks and puts on a great show. I even enjoy his solo shows at the Beacon Theater. Amazing performer. Not the best guitarist by a long shot but an incredible musician.

BTW, thanks for the nice comments.
    Last edited by stingx; August 7th, 2007 at 05:25 AM.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice job again Pete! As you know from my posts I am a Neil fan and loved your take.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, very nice recording! I really like that you posted the settings for the guitar patch. Thanks
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009