Thread: Hendrix & Traffic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hendrix & Traffic

Recently came across this one, Hendrix jamming with some of the guys from Traffic [incl Winwood]. Anyone else heard this?

http://leopig.com/heathernova/others/JimiTraffic.htm
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, never heard of it. Could be cool.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Veddy interesting...

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    Recently came across this one, Hendrix jamming with some of the guys from Traffic [incl Winwood]. Anyone else heard this?

http://leopig.com/heathernova/others/JimiTraffic.htm
    If you have a copy of Electric Ladyland, Winwood is playing in a few tracks.

Most notably the slow version of 'Voodoo Chile' that is all Steve on the keys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 333maxwell
    If you have a copy of Electric Ladyland, Winwood is playing in a few tracks.

Most notably the slow version of 'Voodoo Chile' that is all Steve on the keys.
    I did know that, and some of the jamming on this is similar to that jam, where Jimi is clearly playing "lead" but it's subdued, and doesn't dominate the other instruments. On this there is much interaction, and Jimi's licks are killer, but not overbearing. The write-up I included said that other than Jimi, no other musicians have ever been "confirmed" as being on this recording, but I say that piano playing is most assuredly Steve W.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I did know that, and some of the jamming on this is similar to that jam, where Jimi is clearly playing "lead" but it's subdued, and doesn't dominate the other instruments. On this there is much interaction, and Jimi's licks are killer, but not overbearing. The write-up I included said that other than Jimi, no other musicians have ever been "confirmed" as being on this recording, but I say that piano playing is most assuredly Steve W.
    Your probably right.. Steve is fairly easy to pick out of the crowd!