Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a request for a video lesson?

pes_laul Guest

hmm I always like knocking on heavens door by guns n roses (though i can't figure out how to play it right.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Yup... thats about what I meant.. depending on what styles Robert likes and understands himself.. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lesso...technique.html has the b.b. king box example.. now for a Video... taking this and showing the riffs.. would be an added bonus...
    Actually, I believe the information in that link is incorrect. From what I've understood, what he shows there is in fact the Albert King box and not the B.B. King. In a related story, check out this Tom Kolb analysis of B.B. King from GuitarWorld.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice link Marnold..with videos...thanks..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

How about the CAGED system?

Tim mentioned one of the pentatonic pattern that fits over an Em or a G major chord shape. There are 5 pentatonic patterns in the CAGED system where there are patterns for each of the five major or minor chord shapes and they are connected by their root points.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Blues riffs/songs man

Hey Robert
    What about some more blues riffs or songs like the rest of love struck by S.R.V and Electric version of Layla and acoustic by Eric Clapton, Gary Moore Still got the blues for you, yeah just some things to do with blues.
    P.S Your dolphinstreet.com site rocks for free guitar lessons!

Many thanks
    GREENMACHINE
    Music Teach's You Everything School Can't!

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

AMP: Randall RG200G

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bird?

Robert,

I know that like myself you are a big fan of Charlie Parker. I also know you know at least a few of his melodies and riffs. I think a lesson with a handful of Bird's stuff would be a lot of fun, at least for me. Maybe it's because I re-read the Miles autobiography on the plane over Thanksgiving weekend, but I have the Bird & Miles "Blue Bird - Legendary Savoy Sessions" on repeat on my iPod, and I haven't been able to listen to much else lately. So any lesson you ever want to do on Bird, I'll be watching.:
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea - I'll look at adding some Bird lessons when I get time (whenever that is ....) Thanks Roland.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

How about something on the CAGED system. Maybe that could be of value to some folks.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Layla - electric

Hi Robert, I have always wanted to learn how to play some of the licks on Eric Claptons Layla. I know you would be great on showing us all this one!!
    Guitars: American Fender Strat, Tacoma Jumbo acoustic
    Amps: Epiphone Junior tube, Kustom acoustic. Ibanez tube screamer pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

Layla, the "signature line/lick" of the song, or something else from that song?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure would like to see/hear you play some Steely Dan riffs/solo parts. Not just Reelin' or Charlemagne, but all the other guitarists' stuff too. Skunk on "My Old School" or Denny Dias on "Do It Again". These guys make it sound so easy, and sometimes it's hard to figure out what's going on.
    Thinking a bit more about it; many of these '70s studio rock bands have intriguing stuff. Alan Parsons Project ("Eye In The Sky" solo...) or Christopher Cross ("Ride Like The Wind" outro by Eric Johnson if I remember correctly...). Just off the top of my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

wow, i didn't know Eric Johnson played on Ride Like the Wind... cool
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm not sure about that anymore... I made a little research and it seems like Cross himself played the lead on that song. Johnson played the lead on the album's last song "Minstrel Gigolo" though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Actually, I believe the information in that link is incorrect. From what I've understood, what he shows there is in fact the Albert King box and not the B.B. King. In a related story, check out this Tom Kolb analysis of B.B. King from GuitarWorld.
    Missed this earlier. Very nice! I like Tom Kolb stuff too. He did my very first guitar instructional vid which I still enjoy, with his Rod Stewart hair and all.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Hey Robert
    What about some scales you can use for doing solos with, or scales to solo over blues?

Cheers
    GREENMACHINE

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for feedback guys! : I should have a new lesson soon about the fundamentals of scales and the chromatic scale.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Robert
    Awesome, I can't wait! You always make lessons fun and easy to understand.

Thanks again,
    GREENMACHINE

pes_laul Guest

Freebird! (kidding)

Post Thanks / Like

Revisiting this old thread again, because I'm out of ideas for lessons. I tend to overcomplicate things, when I think about creating a new lesson.

However, it seems most people want to learn licks of certain famous players. I'm not really an expert at copying other people's licks, although I know some blues players pretty good.

How about a video lesson showing some ideas of how to play a 12 bar blues solo, using 3 or 4 notes only?

The difficult part is to make video lessons interesting for beginners as well as more experienced players.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast