Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Peavey Generation EX

Thread: Peavey Generation EX

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peavey Generation EX

Just got a Generation EX in butterscotch blond. What a nice Tele!

They retail for $270 and blow the doors off most Mexican and Squier Teles that I've tried, and I've tried a lot. The neck pickup is amazing and you don't have to take the pick guard off to adjust the height. This is how a Tele neck pickup should sound. Peavey tells me the bridge pickup is 7.5 ohms and 7.2 for the neck. However, this bridge pickup is weaker than the neck by a long shot so it's getting a GFS 9.6 ohm 60's bridge pickup. They should work well together.

The neck feels great and had a tiny bit of sprout which I took off easily with a whet stone. The great thing is that it has that vintage tint and it feels awesome size wise, and it's around a 12 inch radius with a maple cap. I also polished the frets.

The hardware is sturdy feeling and the tuners look like the ones on the vintage Fenders. The body is 3 pieces of Alder and just as fat as a regular Tele. Nice sustain and tone throughout.

The nice thing about it was the I got it for more than $100 off retail so they are going cheaply right now. I'm not sure if the other Generation EXP's come with a maple fretboard, but the EX does, at least in the butterscotch finish.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud thats a fine guitar you got there! were did you get it?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin' Tele Spudman!

Just checked and they aren't available in lefty.
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 250Keith
    Spud thats a fine guitar you got there! were did you get it?
    That certain auction site. And don't try outbidding me on the ACM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WackyT
    Nice lookin' Tele Spudman!

Just checked and they aren't available in lefty.
    Ask them directly. I can't see any lefty's listed for any of their line.
    customerservice@peavey.com

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful guitfiddle ya got there, Spuds!

Now I guess you're gonna have to build a Peavey wing on to the house!

I really do want a Tele style guitar. But I also want a good amph first. Why can't I just win the lottery so I can satisfy this GAS all at once???
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet axe Spud. I seriously considered one of these (but with the humbucker in the neck), but after playing my Tele, I just had to have her. Gotta say I like the neck on my Squier better than my ol' Peavey Generation EXP, but it was still a pretty cool guitar. What's the neck like on the EX? My EXP had a more modern neck, fairly narrow, large, flatter radius (though not shred-i-licous large). I really like the 9.5 in radius on my Squier VM Tele.

Come to think of it, my old EXP (the one in my Ace Frehley pix) is still sitting at my local music store for consignment...maybe I should bring her home?

BTW Spud, the lead singer in our band is convinced that I must be able to perform some serious tantric karma sutra make yer toes curl feats on the ol' trampoline because my wife "lets" me get away with the meager purchases I make. Given your collection, you must be a GOD!

I'm not worthy...

Trev

EDIT: Okay, too busy looking at the eye candy - didn't read through the whole post which answers my question about the neck. I'm so easily distracted by saxy pictures
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

You're pretty funny Trev. lol Yes, I did teach Sting a couple of things. I still think of him as student level. Spud d'feminin does NOT think of me as a student. The road was a good place to learn guitar acquisition methodology.

The neck on this axe feels real good. Not too flat at all which kind of would turn me off on a Tele. None of my Falcons or Mystic are flat either. I have a Tracer that smokes but the neck is pretty flat yet thick enough not to be a turnoff. While it's not a 7.5 or 9 inch radius it still has the feel of my Pro Tone Squire or even the Fullertons. Pretty nice anyway.

Glad that you guys are diggin it cause I am too. Fantastic value for this type of guitar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice looking! And your lawn looks in good shape this time of year too! Post a clip so we can hear how it sounds! (no, not the lawn).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Very nice looking! And your lawn looks in good shape this time of year too! Post a clip so we can hear how it sounds! (no, not the lawn).
    Sure. When I get back from the mountains this weekend I'll do something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Yark! Lawn clippings! Now THAT's funny!
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5