Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Marshall Micro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marshall Micro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marshall Micro

Has anyone tried the MG15 MSII Marshall Mini-Stack? It looks really cool, wouldnt mind having one of those just for the good looks
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

that looks cool....i wonder how it sounds....might have to check it out (don't know if there any available locally but i will look).

Hey tim and iago....want to go on a marshall hunt?!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Please do that, and tell me (or even better record it) how it sounds!
    Warren, got sound recording on your cellphone?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

no sound recording on my phone (unless you want me to call you from the store and you can record it!) I can do movies on my canon camera that records sound too. Might be able convince someone to go with me and record a little of me playing through it.

They have them listed on the Sam Ash website so they probably have one in the store.

ww

Post Thanks / Like

WW - March 3rd sounds good to me. I have an MP 3 player that records. I can bring it a long. What time does the hunt begin? Remeber it will take me about 2 hours to get down there. Keep them kids well!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

whatever time is convient for you! We could check out the amps (although i might sneak a peek before the 3rd!), have some lunch and play some music...

ww

Post Thanks / Like

I can leave St. Augustine 6:00 or 7:00 am to avoid traffic. We can discuss this further through PMs.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Great! I am looking forward to some recordings!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    I can leave St. Augustine 6:00 or 7:00 am to avoid traffic. We can discuss this further through PMs.
    cool...should be fun

ww

Post Thanks / Like

SS,

If you have the latest Guitar 1 magazine, on the CD that comes with it Steve Lukather is playing one and it smokes. Killer little stack. Sounds awesome. They're making some really nice stuff nowadays...wish it were like this when I started playing.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

T2TB - Thanks.

Do you think the on-line website would also have the amp featured?
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked the website and it looks like its last month's issue that I'm talking about. The site doesn't have any links to the CD from that issue sorry. But take my word for it the Microstack is killerrrrrr. I would love to have one just for the hell of it.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Ok strike one! Maybe someone else has an idea to feature the Marshall Microstack sound on this net?
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

The March 2006 issue of Guitar World CD also showcases Zack Wylde playing the Star Spangled Banner on the Marshall Microstack. Go get the magazine to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

As always ... thanks Tone.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    The March 2006 issue of Guitar World CD also showcases Zack Wylde playing the Star Spangled Banner on the Marshall Microstack. Go get the magazine to check it out.
    cool....i'll go get it tomorrow...i wonder how the sound compares to the vox?

I know it doesn't have as many bells and whistles....

ww : )
    Last edited by warren0728; February 9th, 2006 at 05:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim - you're welcome.

Warren - The Marshall has a mean buzz but it's a straightforward amp nothing fancy. I'd say it's probably going to sound like one of the Vox UK models dimed on the gain. Sorta like the UK Modern. Even solid state Marshalls have "that certain sound". Speaking of which I picked up one of those little "Jack Black" MS-2 battery powered Marshall practice amps and that also manages to sound like a Marshall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Warren - The Marshall has a mean buzz but it's a straightforward amp nothing fancy. I'd say it's probably going to sound like one of the Vox UK models dimed on the gain. Sorta like the UK Modern. Even solid state Marshalls have "that certain sound". Speaking of which I picked up one of those little "Jack Black" MS-3 battery powered Marshall practice amps and that also manages to sound like a Marshall.
    yeah i have a fender mini twin mt-10 (special silverface edition) battery powered amp that actually is pretty impressive.

good for playing on the couch or when i use headphones....never tried a pedal in front of it though!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Warren thats all cool eh. The only pedals I've tried on the Mini Me Marshall are the Fab pedals. The OD "channel" on the little amp is hilariously good. I would love to hear that Fender of yours!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast