Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightlife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nightlife

Here's another Jam Studio backer I threw together inbetween my Cheerio's this morning in the key of Eb

http://www.box.net/shared/ryehx02f52 Nightlife

And if any of you have a backer that you've made on Jam Studio and have a problem recording it send me the link and I'll record it for you and either email it back to you or I can post it here
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    Here's another Jam Studio backer I threw together inbetween my Cheerio's this morning in the key of Eb

http://www.box.net/shared/ryehx02f52 Nightlife

And if any of you have a backer that you've made on Jam Studio and have a problem recording it send me the link and I'll record it for you and either email it back to you or I can post it here
    I liked what you did with that Rhyhm, Iam new to this recording stuff, some one should post a how too record the basics.
    Guitar/ Ibanez GAX 70, Squier standard Strat, Epi plus top Honey Burst
    Amps/ Epiphone Blues Custom 30, Fender XP Vibro Champ 5 Watt tube Amp
    Randall RX 15
    Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Zeusse, I'm think'n you are going to be the resident jam-studio expert.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about expert but how about bored at home dude with too much time on my hands..LOL They said on the site they'll be adding some more tones and stuff so that can only be good and I'm gonna try mixing in some other midi samples I have and some other vst's so it should keep me busy till at least Christmas
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    I don't know about expert but how about bored at home dude with too much time on my hands..LOL They said on the site they'll be adding some more tones and stuff so that can only be good and I'm gonna try mixing in some other midi samples I have and some other vst's so it should keep me busy till at least Christmas
    Cool. Then I'd like 5 top 10 hits please. Oh, minus the guitar track.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the backer Zeusse!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

This is very cool and moody, and different than many other tracks I've heard here and other places. Nicely composed, too. I'm definitely taking a stab at a tasteful melody.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

I recorded something over this excellent backer... I hope you like the melody line.

http://www.box.net/shared/c37doaerie
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the sound of someone cracking open a beer at the beginning? Nice melody also.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    Is that the sound of someone cracking open a beer at the beginning? Nice melody also.
    You bet

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Zeusse,

Would you mind posting another thread going through how you managed to record the audio from the Jam Studio site into a backing track?
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Hey SuperSwede that was just taste all the way around I could see that on an album for sure really well constructed licks

And yes Jason I'd be happy to do a detailed explaination of how I managed it on my Pro Tracks so regardless of what recording software you use it should work I'll throw a tutorial next week up I have to take off shortly and unfortunately have run out of time this week. I'll see if I can use my web cam to make it a bit easier to explain
    Cannuck on a mission

Post Thanks / Like

Super Swede, that was just sweet. Period.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hey, zeusse!

Ka-rhyme-a-nent-lee!!! Your "Nightlife" backing track is great!!!

This simple, beautiful arrangement is not only powerful and effective, your recording mix is perfect! I really mean that. Getting a solid performance and arrangement is one thing, but to also get a recording mix to its best "ambiance" is the mark of a master. Good job, sir!!! BTW, I have a zillion backing tracks, and yours just went right to the top. I am going to love playing with such a beautiful piece of music.

And you whipped this up during breakfast while eating Cheerios???...I'd like to see what you'd come up if you had your Wheaties!

Hi, SuperSwede -- great playing! Your solo is excellent cream on the cake to zeusse's BT masterpiece -- your effect gives the music an overall haunting side that really takes it higher. I really enjoyed listening to it.

You nailed it!

One small recommendation...you might want to consider lowering the level on your lead a tad and conversely raise the BT level about the same (i.e., if they came a little closer together in level; the right amount might be to have both levels nearly the same except your guitar a smidge more...I bet if you try it you might like the effect even more {at least these are what some of the printout-reads seem to indicate that I am getting off of my sonic heads-up display cranial-tube-projector...but enough with the technical talk!}).

Thanks, you guys!!! My collection just grew by two great songs!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh...one last thing, SuperSwede...

I think I'll go have that Miller now (you know, the one we hear at the beginning of the song )!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful SS. I really like this one.
    Is that a POD patch?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Really nice SS! You have many different sounds and melody lines. From this to your more experimental stuff to your takes on traditional swedish folk music if I recall correctly. That is really cool!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Slow&Alive, that was a Mariestad traditional swedish pilsner.

Spud, that was the PodXT. PM me if you want the patch file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast