Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How has your winter been going?

Myles Guest

Default How has your winter been going?

Here in Alberta, Canada we are currently experiencing the mildest winter I've ever experience in my life. We haven't managed to keep snow on the ground for more than a couple days and I can't even remember if it hit -20 (Celcuis, mind my spelling) this year yet.

Even though the not so friendly groundhog saw his shadow, I'm not really concerned with 6 more weeks of this winter. It's been easy times for us western canadians this year. (unless you are in the snow blower industry)

How has your winter been?

Post Thanks / Like

We have had around -20c for a while, but the spring seems to be on its way, now I only have -6c.

I havent seen a single groundhog in my entire life, but we nearly stamped "FORD" on a deer today
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Dry. Unseasonable warm. Another year of drought in the American West and I hear the Polar Bears are going on a fast track to become Endangered Species because of Global Warming. 2012 is fast approaching.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

We finally got a good snow year and I got cabin fever. I'm dying to get out on my bicycle. I do believe that "2112" is approaching instead. We're on the train to Bankok aboard the China express....tra la la.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    2012 is fast approaching.
    I have kids that need to grow old. So hush!
    "Upon us all a little rain must fall"
    ~ Led Zeppelin

Post Thanks / Like

January was unseasonably mild here in the Dakotas & MN, with below-average precipitation. February, so far, has been the exact opposite. Colder temps, and a LOT more snow. I've shoveled (3) times this week already. Will be doing it again this morning. Good for XC skiing, tho', so maybe I'll break out the boards sometime this weekend, and go for a slide. Oh well, at least we're out of the woods as far as really, really cold weather is concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

we've had a really mild winter her in florida.....the next few days will be chilly...highs in the 50's lows in the 30's....that's about as cold as it gets here!

of course i'll be *****in' in july/august when its 90's during the day and 80's at night!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Well, add the Chicago area to those experiencing a very mild winter. Of course, I listen to FOX News and don't believe any of that scientific hogwash about Global Warming! NOT!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

The previous couple of weeks have been nice, with highs in the 60's and 70's... Yesterday and today have been cold (something like 26 this morning).

That's the thing about Texas weather... If ya don't like it, stick around for about 5 minutes... It'll change!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

same here in florida....one day the heater is on, the next day we have to crank up the a/c. Kids go to school at 7:30am and its 40 degrees out....bundle them up and then it's close to 80 when they walk home!

not to mention pouring rain and lightning for an hour than clear blue skies than pouring again an hour later!...crazy

ww

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya about the rain... I grew up in East Texas, and it was similar. Nothing like a 98% humidity, 100 degree summer day, with mosquitoes as big as a Studebaker!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

98% humidity!
    It must be hard to dry clothes in that climate...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

It's also hard to keep your cereal and cookies crisp in that kind of humidity too. Growing up on the southern USA seaboard was really a let down when I just had to have a nice...yummy...crisp grahm cracker.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me, I once spent a year in Albuquerque, NM, and Hostess Twinkies taste different there. The same goes for McDonald's burgers. It's something to do with the dry climate (as compared to Chicago). The bread is just a shade drier.

BTW, the year I spent down there was during the Bears '85 season. It was a gas to wear my Bears shirt to work the day after Chicago clobbered Dallas 44-0!

Anyway, I listened to the last playoff game prior to the Superbowl through three states on my car's radio.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a camping site in Cocoa Beach - FL this weekend... guys, we freezed!! But that`s part of the fun to me really, cause the temperature never goes so low where I live.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got dumped with 2 feet of snow in my yard. Before that, we hardly saw a flake all season. It figures my father and I got snowmobiles becuase "this was supposed to be such a bad winter". The Farmer's Almanac is 93% accurate, but I think this season falls in the other 7%. I hope I'm wrong!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know about Warren down there in Orlando, but I am freezing my *** off up here in the Jacksonville area. I actually had ice on my windsheild this morning. I had to wait for the defroster to warm up and melt it. I do not own an ice scraper. I threw it away years ago when I moved down from Ohio.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

you've got it a little colder than us tim....but we did get to below freezing last night and probably tonight.

I better get used to it...i'll be in nyc thursday night and it isn't supposed to get much above 40 while i'm there!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Well, for decades now, we've been messing with Mother Nature, so I guess it only figures that she would finally mess back!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast