Has anybody converted their 33 Long Playing records into wave files or MP3s? Over the last month I have been doing just that. My mother gave me about 5 Readers Digest record sets. Each set has 10 records inside. Some titles are “Mood Music for Dining”, “Popular Songs”, “Glen Miller Jazz”, “South Pacific” and “Music for Listening and Relaxation”. I never realized how good these records where. But then I am a lot older now and music tastes have changed. It takes about four hours to do each set of 10.

I have also been converting some of my old Rock & Roll albums into MP3s. Each side of an album is one wave file. After recording the files I separated the songs and name the songs. Then I put them through a filter which removes most of the needle noises and scratches. This is about another hours worth of work. After all is said and done, I figure I could load about 90 of the old time 2 ½ minute oldies in MP3 format on one CD. I can pick which music fits the occasion. This would give me about 4 hours of non stop oldies.

After everything is complete, the end product is not that bad. I plan on using the MP3 CDs during parties and get togethers at the home. This would give me endless music with more time for BBQing and socializing. I think the guests will never know the difference.