Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Spector guitars

Thread: Spector guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spector guitars

I´m looking for opinions on the Spector ARC6 Pro series guitars. I saw them in a catalog a few days ago, but I havent found any reviews on the web. They seem to be in stock at some dealers, so I thought that someone here might have tried one?

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I've always liked the NS body shape in basses, but that really doesn't answer your question. I believe that Spector only started making guitars within the past couple of years.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Default short review

Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Big_K... I was kinda looking for a user review, but strangely enough no one seems to have this guitar yet (it was introduced 2006!)
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

agreed, I didn't see anything out there either.... it is sweet looking with the quilted maple top, if it plays anything like it looks!
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it looks gorgeous! I´m gasing for the tremolo version. I wonder what those Tesla pickups are like. The Spector website only says vintage style.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my Guitar Player issues evaluated the Spector, and I think they gave it a decent review.

One of the few "different" designs that stray from the familiar Strat/Tele/LP shapes that I like. Very classy looking, IMO. I'd like to play one, too!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    One of my Guitar Player issues evaluated the Spector, and I think they gave it a decent review.

One of the few "different" designs that stray from the familiar Strat/Tele/LP shapes that I like. Very classy looking, IMO. I'd like to play one, too!
    Do you still have that issue of Guitar Player? Do you think that you could scan the review?

Post Thanks / Like

Okay... Have it here. Not really a detailed report enough to do a full scan. The article is a roundup of guitars under $500.00 USD in the May, 2007 issue.

All of the editors liked the tones coming from the Spector, and all said that the guitar plays well. One editor stated that the control layout was "claustrophobic," and that was the only negative comment about the guitar. It came within a half a point of getting a "best pick" award.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kat!

Post Thanks / Like

No problem at all... I'm just glad I found the issue. Sometimes Mrs. Kat makes me actually throw them away.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40