Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
V-Picks - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: V-Picks

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me that I heard that Clapton uses/used a filed-down peso.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Got it Vin! MAN that was dam fast shipping!!
    It feels great in my fingers, I'll be doing some jam a little later on with it and post the results.

Kudos dude!
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo65
    Got it Vin! MAN that was dam fast shipping!!
    It feels great in my fingers, I'll be doing some jam a little later on with it and post the results.

Kudos dude!
    You got that bugger already??? MAN that was fast! I think I sent it out on Saturday!

Let us know how the jam goes.......I can't wait to hear how the pick works out for ya.

vinni

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it that pics travel so fast but my credit card company always seems to get my payments after 10 days? What's up with that?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Why is it that pics travel so fast but my credit card company always seems to get my payments after 10 days? What's up with that?
    LOL

YO! I really like this pick!! Took me a couple minutes to get used to the thickness, but after that bodda-bing!
    I instantly noticed the tone difference and you don't get that "slappy" sound from a regular pick. Everything just sounds cleaner too!
    It feels a hell of a lot smoother playing with it, alsmost a gliding feeling.
    Didn't run into the "rotating" issue, but next week I'll put it through a 3 hour tour at practice, and see what happens,, I'll let ya' know

Vin thanks again, and Congrats on a really good product!
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo65
    LOL

YO! I really like this pick!! Took me a couple minutes to get used to the thickness, but after that bodda-bing!
    I instantly noticed the tone difference and you don't get that "slappy" sound from a regular pick. Everything just sounds cleaner too!
    It feels a hell of a lot smoother playing with it, alsmost a gliding feeling.
    Didn't run into the "rotating" issue, but next week I'll put it through a 3 hour tour at practice, and see what happens,, I'll let ya' know

Vin thanks again, and Congrats on a really good product!
    Your welcome man! Thanks for the great testimony.......

vinni

Post Thanks / Like

Vinnie, I got my pick today!

Really thick (which I like) and it makes a sound very similar to the big stubby. Only bad thing so far is that it tends to "rotate" and I end up playing with the wrong side. But I will probably learn to hold it properly. It is a really great product. Thanks Vinnie
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my V-picks today - I haven't tried them yet, but I'm on my way home to try them out in about 10 minutes! They look cool.

I'll post my feedback from playing with the V-pick later.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I am a little late on this V-pick thing. I will visit Vinni's website tomorrow. I gotta learn more about this new piece of equipment. Especially if it helps me play better.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I got my V-picks today - I haven't tried them yet, but I'm on my way home to try them out in about 10 minutes! They look cool.

I'll post my feedback from playing with the V-pick later.
    WELL????
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's a cool material, and it makes you feel like you're in better control when you're playing. The thing I'm not sure about yet is that it gives me a little sharper tone than I'm used to. Maybe I can file down one side of the pick myself to get it a rounder shape and a "rounder" sound.

Edit:
    The more I play with it, the more I like it! I really think the guitar is easier to play with this pick. On my '51, it sounded a bit bright, but on the Tele, it's the cat's jammies!
    Last edited by Robert; April 4th, 2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Played more with the V-pick now
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

SuperSuede, Play with all three corners. They are all usable. Actually playing with this pick helped me to get thru a bit of my Obsessive Compulsive tendencies. I always had to play with the oposite end from the logo but in reality there is no reason you have to do this. All the corners are made the same. So fight the urge man! Let the pick do it's work!

Robert, I'm glad you like them! One tip: if you take some very fine sand paper, you can take more of the point off and then use some toothpaste to shine the pick back to it's original glow. I don't put round corners on them because a lot of my artists like the sharper points because the pick is brighter sounding that way. I personally like the rounded corners because I don't like a lot of brightness and I think the pick plays faster with it rounded off. I leave the point on because you can always take the point off but you cannot put it back on. I guess I try to make everyone happy. On your next order, if you tell me you want rounded corners, I am more than happy to make them for you. This goes for anyone else that prefers them like that as well.

Actually in the future I am considering making all the V-Picks with rounded corners unless ordered otherwise.....

Thanks for your posts guys.

vinni

Post Thanks / Like

Vinnie, I sanded two edges down with sandpaper, but kept one of the three edges as it was. It's perfect! Now I just turn it if I want the brighter sound, or just use one of the rounded corners, which I usually do.

Truly a nice pick you have created, Vinnie. Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Vinnie, I sanded two edges down with sandpaper, but kept one of the three edges as it was. It's perfect! Now I just turn it if I want the brighter sound, or just use one of the rounded corners, which I usually do.

Truly a nice pick you have created, Vinnie. Great job!
    This is a GREAT idea Robert. A great idea, indeed............

vinni

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Guys.

I'm glad you like the picks. They really are the ONLY thing I play with any more.

Just to answer a few questions. As far as the pick rotating, you will soon get used to this and it probably won't happen to you nearly as much after you get accustomed to playing with a very thick pick. BTW, on the V-Pick is it ok to play with the other corners because they are all playable and useable.

The issue of getting sharper tones. Just for fun trying playing harder or softer with the pick. That is where the V-Pick really shines. For instance, when you are playing very heavy handed, the gliding action still accomodates quick playing. I like to play REAL hard with them and make the strings slap against the fretboard. I love this sound and I find it very effective in phrasing and expressing myself. Then go back to playing softly, quite emotional indeed.

Hope this helps and thanks to you all.

vinni
    Last edited by Vinni Smith; April 19th, 2006 at 04:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I found that the pick needs to be "worn in" before it feels really great. Now that the sides are less sharp it sounds/feels fantastic... Again, great product Vinnie...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    I found that the pick needs to be "worn in" before it feels really great. Now that the sides are less sharp it sounds/feels fantastic... Again, great product Vinnie...
    Thanks! I'm glad you like the picks. And yes, the rounder and more worn they get, the better the V-Pick plays..........

vinni
    Last edited by Vinni Smith; April 25th, 2006 at 04:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use Fender picks, then discovered Dunlops which I found lasted longer in surviving the squeals and pickslides I incorperate in my playing. Playing songs from Extreme, Iron Maiden, and Van Halen will wear picks out in 1 song!

How resistant are these to this type of playing? I think I'm going to give them a try!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

V-picks are great, but I dont think that they are very resistant. I have worn down mine quite a bit. Dunlop 2.0 (the black heavy one) would be my recommendation of a really durable pick.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast