Thread: V-Picks

Hybrid View

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's a cool material, and it makes you feel like you're in better control when you're playing. The thing I'm not sure about yet is that it gives me a little sharper tone than I'm used to. Maybe I can file down one side of the pick myself to get it a rounder shape and a "rounder" sound.

Edit:
    The more I play with it, the more I like it! I really think the guitar is easier to play with this pick. On my '51, it sounded a bit bright, but on the Tele, it's the cat's jammies!
    Last edited by Robert; April 4th, 2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Played more with the V-pick now
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Guys.

I'm glad you like the picks. They really are the ONLY thing I play with any more.

Just to answer a few questions. As far as the pick rotating, you will soon get used to this and it probably won't happen to you nearly as much after you get accustomed to playing with a very thick pick. BTW, on the V-Pick is it ok to play with the other corners because they are all playable and useable.

The issue of getting sharper tones. Just for fun trying playing harder or softer with the pick. That is where the V-Pick really shines. For instance, when you are playing very heavy handed, the gliding action still accomodates quick playing. I like to play REAL hard with them and make the strings slap against the fretboard. I love this sound and I find it very effective in phrasing and expressing myself. Then go back to playing softly, quite emotional indeed.

Hope this helps and thanks to you all.

vinni
    Last edited by Vinni Smith; April 19th, 2006 at 04:06 PM.