Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
V-Picks - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: V-Picks

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    The juxtaposition of the phrase and the "smiley" is frightening.

Excuse me while I get drunk to blot the image from my mind.
    Oh jeezus I didnt even think about

Post Thanks / Like

I finally broke down and gave them a try. These are the best picks that I ever had in my hands, and I have ben playing a long time.

I promise that I won't be giving any of these away. If someone shows up at a gig without a pick, they're SOL
    Gibson ES 345 TDC
    Gibson ES 225
    Gibson ES 175
    Gibson ES 295
    Gibson ES 350
    Gibson SG
    Fender P Bass 70s
    Fender American Strat Delux
    Fender American Tele
    Alverez Yairi Ani DeFranco
    Fender Twin 65
    Fender Twin 72
    Fender Bassman 70
    Roland JC 120
    Marshall JVM 410 H
    Vintage 30 Stack

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some of these from a recommendtation from Robert. I can honestly say they are the best picks I have ever used. I got a combo pack with a bunch of different sizes and gauges. I will never go back to my old Fender mediums again. These won't slip out of your hand. And they just feel great in your hand. You must give them a try.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they are awesome. I just got some new ones, and all of them they are really good. I have both pointy and round ones, and I can't decide which I like best.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

The Screamer is my favorite. These almost make it futile to go back to using conventional picks. Good stuff.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright I'm ready pulled the trigger.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    The Screamer is my favorite. These almost make it futile to go back to using conventional picks. Good stuff.
    + eleventy

The pointy Screamers are my favorites. They just work. I was a bit skeptical until I tried 'em. Now, I can't use anything else other than my fingers.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    + eleventy

The pointy Screamers are my favorites. They just work. I was a bit skeptical until I tried 'em. Now, I can't use anything else other than my fingers.
    I'd post that I agree, but I already did that on the previous page.

Plus, they're pointy!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    But is it your 'go to' pick? Do you use it more than not use it?
    Uh, --- on my way to the weekly jam, five miles from home, I realize I left my V-Picks at home. Yup, I go back

'Been using them for a couple of years. The only thing cooler than a V-Pick is Vinni

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    Uh, --- on my way to the weekly jam, five miles from home, I realize I left my V-Picks at home. Yup, I go back

'Been using them for a couple of years. The only thing cooler than a V-Pick is Vinni
    I keep one in my wallet, just in case. My, how times change...
    I remember 25-30 years ago, keeping something else in my wallet, just in case!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce wrote a song about that didn't he Doug? Glory Days?

When I told Vinni I liked using some of the really fat picks he made me up a really hefty one just to bust my nuts. After I get someone to help me lift it up it actually plays pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    Bruce wrote a song about that didn't he Doug? Glory Days?

When I told Vinni I liked using some of the really fat picks he made me up a really hefty one just to bust my nuts. After I get someone to help me lift it up it actually plays pretty well.

Geez, that thing looks like it's retaining water!!!

It must roll across the strings like a Panzer through France.

Post Thanks / Like

I've grown to love the Screamer for my acoustic too, the people who I have introduced to the v-picks bring it up very often, that they never use anything else now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Yeah, they are awesome. I just got some new ones, and all of them they are really good. I have both pointy and round ones, and I can't decide which I like best.
    Ditto same here with some Ruby reds adding to the fab four are reds Screamer and medium pointed.next I gotta try a Dimension buffed but as a whole I like em.thanks boss for turning me on to them via your video.

Post Thanks / Like

Lemme guess. 50 cents for a gallon of gas?

Did I get it right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    Lemme guess. 50 cents for a gallon of gas?

Did I get it right?

Close! I remember it being in the low to mid .60 cents in '77-'78, back when I was new at, um, driving.

Post Thanks / Like

Close! I remember it being in the low to mid .60 cents in '77-'78, back when I was new at, um, driving.
    Man Now I really feel ancient.I remember pumping Ethyl for 35 cents in the late 60's
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

@Tig: "It must roll across the strings like a Panzer through France."

*coffee spit-take on my laptop*

Thanks. lol
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mainestratman
    @Tig: "It must roll across the strings like a Panzer through France."

*coffee spit-take on my laptop*

Thanks. lol
    You're welcome, and send the laptop repair bill to Vinni at V-Picks!
    Heck, the picture of that pick had to inspire a fun bit of wit.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast