Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
V-Picks
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V-Picks

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up V-Picks

I know, I know...I've already written about picks in the product review section.

Truth be known, I'm continually and incessantly searching for that evasive "perfect tone" like many of you are. I'm always trying new stuff, going to guitar shows, and jams looking to steal ideas from wherever I can. Anyway, I ran across a pick that I couldn't believe. The guys in the Paul Reed Smith forum (Birds and Moons) are going nuts over it. I hear Robben Ford even has some. Bands in England and Germany are using them with great results. It's called the V-Pick, and you've got to try one. Read about it:

http://www.v-picks.com/

http://forums.birdsandmoons.com/foru...0&page=1&pp=10

Has anyone else out there tried them? What do you think? Do you agree that they are the best pick out there?
    Last edited by EscalonJon; February 10th, 2006 at 10:27 PM.
    GUITARS: Fender Teles and 50s Strat, Squier Jazz Bass & '51, VooDoo clone, Dillion Tele Thinline, G&L Tribute ASAT, Agile Les Paul clones, Rogue 335, Robelli D'Angelico, Danelectro Hodad 12, Larrivee Koa Parlour, Blueridge 00028, Ibanez Hummingbird, Takamine EC132C, PRS McCarty IRW.

AMPLIFICATION: Carvin Bel Air w/ext cab, Behringer ACX1000, Vox Brian May, Fender Bronco tweed, Rogue 30 Bass, Roland Cube 30, modded Epi Valve Junior w/ Scumback 1x10 cab.

Post Thanks / Like

They seem nice, havent seen them in a store however. I probably will buy one when they are available here, but I doubt that they are as good as the ultimate pick : "Big Stubby 3.0"
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    They seem nice, havent seen them in a store however. I probably will buy one when they are available here, but I doubt that they are as good as the ultimate pick : "Big Stubby 3.0"
    they aren't in stores...the guy makes them all by hand in his garage....

ww

Post Thanks / Like

These V-Picks are really taking off. Giant threads of raves about them on the PRS and Axe House forums.
    GUITARS: Fender Teles and 50s Strat, Squier Jazz Bass & '51, VooDoo clone, Dillion Tele Thinline, G&L Tribute ASAT, Agile Les Paul clones, Rogue 335, Robelli D'Angelico, Danelectro Hodad 12, Larrivee Koa Parlour, Blueridge 00028, Ibanez Hummingbird, Takamine EC132C, PRS McCarty IRW.

AMPLIFICATION: Carvin Bel Air w/ext cab, Behringer ACX1000, Vox Brian May, Fender Bronco tweed, Rogue 30 Bass, Roland Cube 30, modded Epi Valve Junior w/ Scumback 1x10 cab.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

They seem very interesting. I think I will order some.

Jon, you have some of these then? What's better about them in your opinion?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Robert!

What's good about them? Just about everything...

The tone is wonderful for most styles. I like the fact that they are sensitive to attack. They can be very mellow hybrid picking. The V-Pick will emulate the tone of your fingers and create a very even sound. When you dig in, they will get "angry" when you want them to. Some of the reviewers who are shredders don't seem to care for them as much, but then again some do. They "glide" across the strings very well for arpegiating, chording, or single lines, and actually have a kind of "sexy" feel as you play. And they are VERY COOL LOOKING.

I have met Vinni, the Prez of V-Picks, and he is a straight up dude. A real nice guy and AWESOME git player. He has picks in the hands of Robben ford, Gabe Manzo of Malo, maybe Jorge Santana, WCR pickups guru Jim Wagner, etc. If you order some, tell him John Dean said to throw in an extra. Vinni would appreciate having you in his corner. I think you'll really dig them....Let me know. (I sound like a salesman, don't I. I'm just really stoked on them.)

Check out vinni's sites.

Take care,

John

Post Thanks / Like

Escalon, Vinnie was here a few dayz ago...hmmmm...I wonder where he went?

How do the V-picks compare to the Dava Master Controls?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to try mine!
    I'll lets yous know how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried Davas years ago, but I don't know about the Master Controls. In my opinion, there is really not another pick like the "V". If you like them at all you'll get to loving them real quick and probably be hooked.

I didn't know Vinni was on this thread. I'll email him and have him chime in and answer questions. Check out the PRS birds and Moons site, PRS Gear Page site, and the Axe House Consortium site to check out what people are saying. Vinni has answered a lot of questions on those.

Oh, and Robert, I finally got a Bad Monkey.....TIGHT!

Later...

Post Thanks / Like

So, I hear you're talking about me behind my back, huh John?

Post Thanks / Like

Watch out the Artesians are coming!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered some V-picks too, can't wait to get them!

The Bad Mo is pretty sweet, huh, Jon?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I've ordered some V-picks too, can't wait to get them!

The Bad Mo is pretty sweet, huh, Jon?
    So which sizes did you order Robert?

Post Thanks / Like

I got Medium size. Hope that's a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I got Medium size. Hope that's a good one.
    Hard to tell which to choose from the penny & quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Hard to tell which to choose from the penny & quarter.
    Maybe we should just play with a penny or a quarter (or a euro cent or canadian dime--dime that sucha!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Maybe we should just play with a penny or a quarter...
    Which corner?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Use Abe's head.

Post Thanks / Like

Rick Medlock from Blackfoot and Lynyrd Skynyrd does use a quarter.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast